Brandon Wright? Tyler Smith?

nasty fro bro 20

You always have to think about college, unless you're lebron james... look at Carmelo he was better than Brandan Wright is and he went a year and improved his stock a whole lot, and there aren't many players that make the transition and are successful right off the bat, maybe 1 in 30 drafted high schoolers make an immediate impact, even if he is good enough to go pro, he will never rule out college because one year of PLAYING college ball would be alot more beneficial than 1 year of NBA ball sitting on the bench UNLESS the NBA coaches feel like he would make an immediate impact on a team. Tyler Smith has only commited to UT there's about 99 % chance he'll go to UT, but it's not 100% until he signs...

Edited by golfinman23

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You always have to think about college, unless you're lebron james... look at Carmelo he was better than Brandan Wright is and he went a year and improved his stock a whole lot, and there aren't many players that make the transition and are successful right off the bat, maybe 1 in 30 drafted high schoolers make an immediate impact, even if he is good enough to go pro, he will never rule out college because one year of PLAYING college ball would be alot more beneficial than 1 year of NBA ball sitting on the bench UNLESS the NBA coaches feel like he would make an immediate impact on a team. Tyler Smith has only commited to UT there's about 99 % chance he'll go to UT, but it's not 100% until he signs...

825571380[/snapback]

Tyler Smith has already signed with the University of Tennessee. In Nov. I believe.

If Wright is going to the NBA, he better go to the Jose Canseco school of getting big in a hurry! He isn't even big enough to hold down a certain Tennessee signee, much less the big men of the NBA! He's an incredible player, but a year or two of college will definitely make him smarter, stronger, and a better overall player.

Word has it that Tyler will be attending classes and beginning workouts, here in Knoxville, this summer, as Buzz will be sticking around for another season. A possible lineup of T. Smith, Jamont Gordon, and Willie Kemp for the Vols would be a lot of fun to watch!

Both of these player have a lot to work on, and going to college would help both of them live up to their full potential.

LEBRON WHO?

I would really like to see wright go to college at least a year and 2 if possible. And my pick would be louisville just because of pitino but i believe duke would be the best school for any kid in the country because there is no college basketball program with more class or prestige. I think it would be horrible if he went to UT and i wish tyler smith wouldve went else where and i pray jamont doesnt go there. UT and the universit yof memphis should just become nba franchises because they are horrible basketball programs. Memphis will recruit great players with poor grades so they end up staying 1 yr or dropping out and UT is nothing but a selfish team and nothing even descent has come out of there in the last 4 or 5 seasons. However, i do think smith, wright and gordon are great players and i hope they pick the school that best fits their personality.

This whole talk of Wright going to NBA is crazy. If the kid is smart he will go to school for at least 2 years if no the entire four years. He needs to be like David Harrison and stay in school. I think Harrison was a better player than Wright at this time but that is my opinion.

825571479[/snapback]

Hey I agree Gerry B. Hey you like family guy? It is a funny show :lol: I think going to college for at least a couple of years is in the best intrest.

This kid will not enter the draft his upside is tremindus but he aint ready for the NBA his ball handling skills has to improve not to mention his strength I saw him in the Giles County game and Smtih man handled him when he did go down low the kid doesnt like to bang even on the High school level he must get stronger, 2 or 3 years of college then he will be ready

First of all both of these kids are great players. I am excited to see Tyler in orange and white next year (however they need a new coach if they hope to ever do anything). As far as people saying Wright is stupid if he goes pro, you guys are stupid for saying that. I have seen things that have him projected as the number 2 pick in the draft. That means a ton of money. He could be set for life with just his signing bonus. That is hard for any kid to pass up. I agree that he needs to get stronger, but if he can go straight out of high school and make more money for signing his name to play basketball than most make from going to college then go. Just be smart with the money. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him go to college, and I think it would happen, but if they say you will be a top 5 pick, pretty much every 18 year old in the world will take those millions.