best pitchers in midstate

onetruefan

Best upcoming pitching staff in the state--

Brentwood High School.

2 Sophmores and 2 Freshmen...All very good and hard throwers!

Riley Mashburn = Best freshmen pitcher in the midstate.

Has an average of 63 MPH fastball, with a nasty change, a curve and drop. Give her 1 more season and she'll have a rise too!!

I look for brentwood to be a strong competitor at state the next few years!!

Good luck this year!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best upcoming pitching staff in the state--

Brentwood High School.

2 Sophmores and 2 Freshmen...All very good and hard throwers!

Riley Mashburn = Best freshmen pitcher in the midstate.

Has an average of 63 MPH fastball, with a nasty change, a curve and drop. Give her 1 more season and she'll have a rise too!!

I look for brentwood to be a strong competitor at state the next few years!!

Good luck this year!

825581620[/snapback]

I agree , Brentwood will be good. I will be the first to tell you Riley and Julie both are good pitchers but lets not go overboard. AVERAGE speed of 63???? On college day the fastest she threw was 59. NO doubt she has probably reached 62 or even 63 as a high speed , believe me Riley is a good pitcher. There are several outstanding freshman in her class. The best are Cat Hosfield of Riverdale who throws the same speed , has a great curve and rise, Brittney Pruitt a lefty from Ravenwood who is right on 60, 61 (+)and she can be hard to hit with a great drop and change, and Katy also from Raven wood. These four freshman are aces, no doubt. They are going to be unbelievable by their senior years. The remarkable thing about these girls is their control and the pitches they have command of. They pitch for some of the best teams in the country.

She was invited to college day because of throwing a consistant 62 the week before. And I know first hand that she hit 61 at college day. Along with several college coaches. I also watched her during fallball and fall tournaments be clocked at and above those speeds... shes only getting better!!

The other girls are no doubt standouts too, that will be a great senior class in a few years!

I heard it was 59. I think the point here is that we all know she can throw 61 and even 62 but to throw an average of 63 means she would have to throw 65, 62, 63 , 64,..... catch my drift. Also the top speed you throw off of a pitching matt usually isnt your average it is called your "top speed. " Dont get me wrong she is a talented young pitcher as are Cat and Brittney. Also dont forget the Ootawah ( I know I have spelled that wrong) pitcher Holly Thomas, she is good , too. And all are freshmen!!

I heard it was 59.  I think the point here is that we all know she can throw 61 and even 62 but to throw an average of 63 means she would have to throw 65, 62, 63 , 64,..... catch my drift. Also the top speed you throw off of a pitching matt usually isnt your average it is called your "top speed. " Dont get me wrong she is a talented young pitcher as are Cat and Brittney. Also dont forget the Ootawah ( I know I have spelled that wrong) pitcher Holly Thomas, she is good , too. And all are freshmen!!

825582831[/snapback]

Of Riley , Cat and Thomas, I would say probably Thomas is the fastest. Notice I didnt say the best. I dont doubt Cat and Riley both can throw up to 62 or 63. But, you guys should know it's not all about speed. Fastballs get hit hard. It is all about controlling where the ball goes and being able to make it move. It is about being able to change speeds. It is able being able to keep your head in the game. The best pitcher is determined by so many factors other than just speed.

Having seen all of them pitch, Holly Thomas is the best of that group. Another Freshman that nobody has mentioned is Hannah Brenzie of Pope John Paull II, she is a very hard worker that can throw just as hard as any of those pitchers, I'm told recently clocked at 64. She has the best screwball that we faced last year.

Having seen all of them pitch, Holly Thomas is the best of that group. Another Freshman that nobody has mentioned is Hannah Brenzie of Pope John Paull II, she is a very hard worker that can throw just as hard as any of those pitchers, I'm told recently clocked at 64. She has the best screwball that we faced last year.

825583053[/snapback]

Not to be rude, but I disagree, on all counts. Hannah is getting better but I wouldnt say she is a standout. Of course, we will just have to wait and see who performs this summer.

Not to be rude, but I disagree, on all counts.  Hannah is  getting better but I wouldnt say she is a standout. Of course, we will just have to wait and see who performs this summer.

825583065[/snapback]

Have your coach at John Paul schedule a scrimmage with Brentwood or Riverdale and lets see what happens. I have a pretty strong prediction.

I didn't say she was better than those pitchers, I said she can throw just as hard. But I think since she only took up pitching last year, she has done incredible. Who is your daughther, must be one of the three pitchers mentioned. All are very good. Obviously, overthefences and zeroedge is the same person and zeroedge has to be someone with the Xtreme Edge, so your cats mom. She is a very good pitcher, one of the best that I have seen.