David Lipscomb @ Springfield

Ragland

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Lipscomb 43 Springfield 40

Despite Lipscomb's off night shooting, they still managed to keep a lead pretty much the entire game. Springfield's poor shot selection killed them ... as it always does. They got many offensive boards , but couldn't really put them back. Mayes had a nice block in the closing seconds to secure the game for Lipscomb. He went down and hit a free throw to put DL up by 3. Springfield came down with 11 seconds to go. They threw up an off-balanced 3 , which was airballed and Mayes caught it right below the net.

Scoring for Lipscomb:

Slater - 11 points

Brock - 7 points

Pharr - 7 points

Mayes - 6 points, 11 rebounds

Mallernee - 4 points

Solomon - 4 points

Wilson - 4 points

Scoring for Springfield:

Hilliard - 16 points

Woodson - 7 points

and some others ...

Kind of ironic how this one ended with an off-balanced shot from Springfield , just like it did last year at their place.

Edited by GoBama

Yep, I hate that it has to come down to a coin flip to decide GB's fate in the tournament. I know people will disagree with what I'm going to say but I think GB is the second best team in this district, just can't find a way to beat DL and had a horible game against Springfield. DL got beat by MLK by 20's and 30's but GB only lost by 11 and 5 to MLK. Hume Fogg beat DL by 4 and GB beat HF by 12 and 29. I know you can't go by scores, but if GB plays to their potential in this tournament, I think they have the best chance to beat MLK out of anybody. It's just a shame they are gonna start out 3rd or 4th seed when I think they should be 2nd.

Yep, I hate that it has to come down to a coin flip to decide GB's fate in the tournament.  I know people will disagree with what I'm going to say but I think GB is the second best team in this district, just can't find a way to beat DL and had a horible game against Springfield.  DL got beat by MLK by 20's and 30's but GB only lost by 11 and 5 to MLK.  Hume Fogg beat DL by 4 and GB beat HF by 12 and 29.  I know you can't go by scores, but if GB plays to their potential in this tournament, I think they have the best chance to beat MLK out of anybody.  It's just a shame they are gonna start out 3rd or 4th seed when I think they should be 2nd.

825571938[/snapback]

You can't say GB is better than DL when DL has beat them twice. The first an 8 point victory and the second a 12 point victory. GB is a very capable team but I think saying they are second best in the district is a stretch.

You can't say GB is better than DL when DL has beat them twice.  The first an 8 point victory and the second a 12 point victory. GB is a very capable team but I think saying they are second best in the district is a stretch.

825572644[/snapback]

I understand where you're coming from, and I knew someone would disagree with me, but hopefully we'll get to see another GB/DL matchup in the second round of the district if GB can beat Hume Fogg and DL can beat East Lit.

One question, if DL is better than GB, how did they lose to HF by 4 but GB beat HF by 29 and DL get beat by MLK by 20's and 30's but GB get beat by MLK by 11 and 5?

Edited by catsbball1

I understand where you're coming from, and I knew someone would disagree with me, but hopefully we'll get to see another GB/DL matchup in the second round of the district if GB can beat Hume Fogg and DL can beat East Lit.

One question, if DL is better than GB, how did they lose to HF by 4 but GB beat HF by 29 and DL get beat by MLK by 20's and 30's but GB get beat by MLK by 11 and 5?

825573053[/snapback]

You do make a good point but DL has beat Greenbriar twice this season. So there is not really a strong argument for GB being better than DL. Who did GB lose to in the district this year besides DL?... just curious.

You do make a good point but DL has beat Greenbriar twice this season.  So there is not really a strong argument for GB being better than DL.  Who did GB lose to in the district this year besides DL?... just curious.

825573278[/snapback]

I think we both have good points. It all depends on who you're playing and how you match up. GB has always had trouble against DL, but I think they can turn it around if they meet again. Hopefully GB and DL will play in the second round of the tournament next week. GB has been beaten by MLK twice, DL twice, and Springfield once(which I think was GB's worst game of the season except maybe Gallatin). GB and DL has been a rival in the making the past couple of years in just about all sports so it should be a great game if they meet in the district tournament. They need to worry about East Lit and Hume Fogg first though.

Catsbball...Although I respect what your saying...I dont belive that anyone can say whos the best team from 2 through 5. DL beat yall twice and beat SC twice in OT and by 8. Yall beat us twice once by 20 but we know what happened there. SC was beating MLK at half by 3 and kept their lead until the end of the 3rd. Springfield has proven that they are a talented team. So I can see what your saying but a lot of teams could be saying that if a few games wouldve gone their way. You know what im saying?