10AA seeds with real records.

10W40

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the coaches and the administrators would haved voted identically. it was a 4-3 vote with coaches and principals in the room together. ibelieve those 3 who voted together showed alot of guts.the logic behind the vote ,not that i agree, was this was the fairest way to seed .to do otherwise they felt would hurt some teams who did nithing wrong . i wonder if the powers that be un cheatham county ever considered withdrawing from the tourney.the team that was hurt the most was waverly.

I hear what you guys are saying, but why punish Sycamore? They did nothing wrong. Creekwood would have drawn Cheatham if the ruling had went the other way. I can see being upset for Cheatham being in the tournament at all, but if they are in it with TSSAA's permission, why punish another team just because it suits your teams needs? I had a problem with a coin flip before any of this went down. After head to head through the district, the next logical tiebreaker would be total differentials in games involving the two teams tied. Harpeth won their home game by more than Cheatham. They are the logical choice for first place in that scenario. Do we know a coin wasn't flipped?

Waverly probably was hurt most, but I guarantee you Sycamore is very happy with the decision to make Cheatham the No.2.

But, back to Waverly, I don't think it would have mattered who they played, I didn't see them getting out of the first round anyways.

825573986[/snapback]

Good coment Mr. Clutch. If I was Waverly or Sycamore, I wouldnt want to play Cheatham Co. first in the tourney either unless I had to...Didn't know Sycamores key player was hurt...This could make a big difference in their game, because they were looking decent.

Folks who don't know, should understand why Cheathams placement is so cruicial.

Cheatham will most likely maul anyone in distric 10-AA except Harpeth, and vice vs. They are decently matched aginst each other. :lol:

Folks should also understand, the girl for Cheatham that has been made ineligible to play is very replaceable on the court. Someone made the comment of her being the star player. Not the case at all...good player ?..yes ...star?..no.

Cheatham lost two post last year after state tourney.. One of those two had equal time on the bench as on the floor.

I hear what you guys are saying, but why punish Sycamore?  They did nothing wrong.  Creekwood would have drawn Cheatham if the ruling had went the other way.  I can see being upset for Cheatham being in the tournament at all, but if they are in it with TSSAA's permission, why punish another team just because it suits your teams needs?  I had a problem with a coin flip before any of this went down.  After head to head through the district, the next logical tiebreaker would be total differentials in games involving the two teams tied.  Harpeth won their home game by more than Cheatham.  They are the logical choice for first place in that scenario.  Do we know a coin wasn't flipped?

825574106[/snapback]

It's not about points scored in an individual game. Coin flipis logical in this type of tie.

Good Post, Tn_33, I think the seedings are the most logical and fairest. You can't just punish Sycamore. I am a Waverly fan, and unfortunately they have been missing there star player all year. It has been a tough year for them, but they rightfully deserve the last seed. Unless you take Cheatham out of the tourney, which would be complete nonsense, one team is going to have to play them first round and Waverly is most reasonable. I think the coaches made a great decision.