Congratulations BRADLEY Central!

DD4tnvols

Over the last 3 years we have come to know the coaches and parents at Bradley very well in our visits to the Bradley Invitational. They are a quality group of people. Their kids work every bit as hard as anyone in the state to maintain the level they have been able to maintain. They grow their own talent. It is in the culture of that community. Borneman wrestled their 171 lber at the Bradley Inv. His father, the ref, came up to us after Borneman had pinned his son and thanked us for the match. His son had showed some real fire for the first time (Luke tends to bring that out in people with his aggressive style). He had talked about how his son had been waiting his whole life to start for Bradley and as a junior in high school finally was able to earn his spot. Ryan kids, McCallie kids, Baylor kids and a few other schools all have those same cultures running throughout the those families. It is a special and rare thing. Bradley was able to lose 8 or 9 starters and still win the traditional title. That alone tells everyone that in what should be a down year they are still able to compete with the best and be the best.

Edited by CoachDelgado

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think alot of the cheering against bradley by clarksville fans in particular just stems from the recent history. honestly, every team wants the championship that bradley frequently claims and deserves. and i remember for myself in 2001 when bradley defeated clarksville in the last match for the title how they taunted clarksville and clearly rubbed it in their faces. obviously, one thing shouldnt label an entire team and fanbase, but its stuff like that that still fuels "anti-bradley" feelings

Edited by reuben128

Rueben, I was there in 2001 and Bradley and Clarksville did have a good match that Bradley won in the last match but Bradley wasn't rubbing it in their face they were just celebrating their win. I'm sure you have your opinion just like I do about what happend then, but one thing is for sure you haven't seen the Bradley fans cheering for Clarksville's opponents at the State Duals or holding up signs in support for Clarksville's opponents like those purple shirted fans have done. Our coaches have also refrained from giving bulletin board material like Clarksville's coach did this past weekend.

Congrats to Bradley's new coaches who did an outstanding job, taking over from a legend with one returning state placer (a soph.) Bradley split with Franklin and won the traditional team title against a outstanding Franklin team. I'm not a Bradley parent or supporter but I do appreciate great coaching and tough wrestlers. How about Creagan's ( a Soph.) comeback in the finals,that speaks volumes of what the kid and coaches are made of. Job well done Bradley.

i think alot of the cheering against bradley by clarksville fans in particular just stems from the recent history.  honestly, every team wants the championship that bradley frequently claims and deserves.  and i remember for myself in 2001 when bradley defeated clarksville in the last match for the title how they taunted clarksville and clearly rubbed it in their faces.  obviously, one thing shouldnt label an entire team and fanbase, but its stuff like that that still fuels "anti-bradley" feelings

825575918[/snapback]

It comes with the turff of being "Top Dog"!

Over the last 3 years we have come to know the coaches and parents at Bradley very well in our visits to the Bradley Invitational.  They are a quality group of people.  Their kids work every bit as hard as anyone in the state to maintain the level they have been able to maintain.  They grow their own talent.  It is in the culture of that community.  Borneman wrestled their 171 lber at the Bradley Inv.  His father, the ref, came up to us after Borneman had pinned his son and thanked us for the match.  His son had showed some real fire for the first time (Luke tends to bring that out in people with his aggressive style).  He had talked about how his son had been waiting his whole life to start for Bradley and as a junior in high school finally was able to earn his spot.  Ryan kids, McCallie kids, Baylor kids and a few other schools all have those same cultures running throughout the those families.  It is a special and rare thing.  Bradley was able to lose 8 or 9 starters and still win the traditional title.  That alone tells everyone that in what should be a down year they are still able to compete with the best and be the best.

825575865[/snapback]

Thank you Coach D!! There are a lot of "Class Acts" in our state. We would like to think we can continue to be a Class Act thumb along with those other schools, and even lead the way. You and your Mustangs and fans also are a credit to High School Athletics in our state! Congratulations on a great showing at the tourney this past weekend, and good luck next year!

Did anyone read the sunday daily banner? It never mentioned that Bradley had won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! I know that the person covering the event my not have a great knowledge about the sport but come on. This is one for the ages.

825576355[/snapback]

I mentioned a while back on our local board that our local paper was lacking when it came to Bradley coverage and was chastised from several members for the comment. I read the article three times to see if I was missing something and, no there was no mention of a state championship. I've come to the conclusion that if it's not written for them "special to the banner" it probably won't be right.

Bet it would be right if it was another area school!!!

Now back to the thread. Great job Bears. More to come in the future.

Bradley fans are great and I can really say I'm proud to be a Bear fan. Let's keep up the good sportsmanship even when others don't.