What has happened to HWT?

WReStlenFan

I have a question that relates to the HWTs. What has happened to the dominant Hwts in the state? It was not two years ago when Crosby, Pennington, and Brugal were dominant. It seems as though now a days Hwts have resolved to stalling and hoping to get the coin flip and win in double OT. I just dont like to see people "fall to sleep" when they watch the Hwts wrestle.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question that relates to the HWTs.  What has happened to the dominant Hwts in the state?  It was not two years ago when Crosby, Pennington, and Brugal were dominant.  It seems as though now a days Hwts have resolved to stalling and hoping to get the coin flip and win in double OT.  I just dont like to see people "fall to sleep" when they watch the Hwts wrestle.

825575421[/snapback]

I think it's because they see another guy who is shooting and wrestling and losing. I watched John Vandergriff go at it and shot 4+ times and lost to a guy who never shot once. You make the slightest mistake and all that weight comes down hard! I thyink if big John had wrestled a boring match and not shot he probably would have won. Not his style but he's fun to watch.

Agreed, sometimes I agree with the officials though, because if I had a wrestler out there. I wouldn't want to get beaten by "Official Awarded" points. I think they try their best to make the kids wrestle. But it's really up to the guys as to what the pace of the match is. I think for the most part the refs do a decent job at best officiating the big boys. But it is a different style of match. But I agree with the previous post. Sometimes I feel like the best thing to do during the HW match is the catch up .ZZZzzzZZZZ.

HaHa. Just a Thought.

I agree I hate to see heavyweights that won't get in and attack but some do get in and try to work. I hated seeing the heavyweight finals really come down to which heavyweight got called for beating on the others head first. Each heavyweight was hit with the same penalty within 5 seconds of one another and the one who received the first penalty point got choice in double OT and got his escape. I hate to see any match come down to this but that is horrible in a heavyweight match to call them for working the other's head to hard... it is what they do...