Daytona 500

muffin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the season doesn't end with Gordon on top I will be satisfied.

My pick ended up 28th, but my favorite ended up 8th. Not a bad day for the Coors Light Dodge. He had a decent day. Now lets get to some tracks where the driver will make a difference in the outcome of the race.

Edited by mctigersportsfan

Guest catfish-hunter

Don't count on DEI being too strong next week because they never are at tracks like California, Michigan, and Las Vegas. Call me crazy, but I see the 24 DUPONT car going back-to-back to start out the '05 season. He knows that under the old points format, he would have been the champion last November and not Kurt Busch, who I just can't stand to root for. Gordon is a man on a mission this year, which means that a "drive for five" is likely gonna be the story of 2005.

Don't count on DEI being too strong next week because they never are at tracks like California, Michigan, and Las Vegas.  Call me crazy, but I see the 24 DUPONT car going back-to-back to start out the '05 season.  He knows that under the old points format, he would have been the champion last November and not Kurt Busch, who I just can't stand to root for.  Gordon is a man on a mission this year, which means that a "drive for five" is likely gonna be the story of 2005.

825577107[/snapback]

Gordon is my driver,surely someone else pulls for Another driver?

My guy was very lucky to finish third, because his car wasnt even close to being a third place car, but the driver was a first place driver! Congrats to Dale Jr. on a great run and for the Rainbow --- LOVERS, She is not going to win the points title, just wait and see!!!!!

825578593[/snapback]

Money says SHE will.

Guest catfish-hunter

"Rainbow"??? Gordon has not had a rainbow paint scheme on his car since the 2000 season. I'll take the guy who has won four titles in ten years, and it should be five in all honesty, over the guy who has yet to win a title in five years.

Under the old points format, Gordon would have beat Jimmie Johnson for the points title last year and Kurt Busch would not have been a factor. This sport stinks in a way that it penalizes the first 28 races, while everything is on the line in the last 10 races.

If the NFL would have restarted their season over 2/3 of the way through, then I assure you all that the Buffalo Bills and the New Orleans Saints would have been playoff teams last year. Teams like the Rams, Vikings, and the Broncos would have been watching the playoffs on television.

NASCAR makes the first 8-MONTHS of the entire racing season pointless because there is no way that a dominant driver can wrap up any kind of championship. IT IS A JOKE!!!!

I could not agree with you more. This is the dunbest thing NASCAR has ever done.

Congrats to Gordon. Normally I would say its a HUGE win, but with the way it is now, it dont mean jack other than extra money in his pocket.

I see Gordon winning at California also next week. He won there last year I think, he always runs good there.

GO #24

"Rainbow"???  Gordon has not had a rainbow paint scheme on his car since the 2000 season.  I'll take the guy who has won four titles in ten years, and it should be five in all honesty, over the guy who has yet to win a title in five years. 

Under the old points format, Gordon would have beat Jimmie Johnson for the points title last year and Kurt Busch would not have been a factor.  This sport stinks in a way that it penalizes the first 28 races, while everything is on the line in the last 10 races. 

If the NFL would have restarted their season over 2/3 of the way through, then I assure you all that the Buffalo Bills and the New Orleans Saints would have been playoff teams last year.  Teams like the Rams, Vikings, and the Broncos would have been watching the playoffs on television. 

NASCAR makes the first 8-MONTHS of the entire racing season pointless because there is no way that a dominant driver can wrap up any kind of championship.  IT IS A JOKE!!!!

825579546[/snapback]

OK, first of all, that is a name that has just grown to stick with him, but I now have a new, maybe you will like it better? FLAMING H-MO! As for should have won the title, he didnt so get over it! I am a huge Jr. fan and the main reason is obvious, I was a huge fan of the "good ole boy" from Kannapolis, NC Mr Dale Sr. So if you want to talk about a race car driver, look no further than the Black #3! Yea, Jeff is good, but he will never be half the driver that Dale Sr. was and who knows how many titles he would have if not for his tragic accident!

OK, first of all, that is a name that has just grown to stick with him, but I now have a new, maybe you will like it better? FLAMING H-MO! As for should have won the title, he didnt so get over it! I am a huge Jr. fan and the main reason is obvious, I was a huge fan of the "good ole boy" from Kannapolis, NC Mr Dale Sr. So if you want to talk about a race car driver, look no further than the Black #3! Yea, Jeff is good, but he will never be half the driver that Dale Sr. was and who knows how many titles he would have if not for his tragic accident!

825581693[/snapback]

Will Gordon mean more when he passes number3 in career wins,don,t like many?