Tyler Smith

Grace Golden Eagles

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler will have an impact on the program, it will just be several years from now. Next year he will see minutes but not nearly as significant as those that Corey Brewer are playing at Florida. The reason for this is because he is not the player and does not have as much to offer college basketball as Brewer did in his freshman season. Despite what many on this thread think, Tyler can and will benefit from having a knowledgable coach like Coach Peterson. I can barely imagine how unbelievable he would be right now if he would have been actually coached for the past four years. Nothing against Coach Holt but lots of times when you have a kid as talented as Tyler, you don't worry so much about that player and focus more on making the players around him better. Coach Peterson will hopefully improve his staff and help Tyler reach the potential that so many of you hope he will reach. Many people who post in favor of Tyler are his friends and classmates and it is great that he has the support that he does, but many of you also believe that he could make the jump to the NBA and that would be a huge mistake, I think that he probably should have gone to Oak Hill this past season to better prepare for his future whether it be in college or the NBA. So back to the question at hand, do not confuse my answer or myself for being a "hater" because I believe that he WILL be a HUGE asset to the team, but he needs to be coached and become more adept to the higher level of play, he has always been a man among boys.

can this kid shoot? or is he one of those guys who just over powers and out jumps everyone. i have heard he is a stud but i wonder if he will make an impact as big as every1 thinks. Buzz needs another shooter to go along with Lofton because Dane is prob the worst pick up Tennessee has made in awhile. He is a turn over machine but if tyler can get him out of the lineup then he is definately a good pick up.

TN has some pretty good talent...and I think Tyler will make a pretty big impact with the vols next year....him and the watson kid that was Kentucky mr. basketball last season will make a good combo and with the dotson kid coming in too, it will be good....the key is that buzz gets them to play up to potential EVERY game instead of just the big name schools

Tyler will have an impact on the program, it will just be several years from now.  Next year he will see minutes but not nearly as significant as those that Corey Brewer are playing at Florida.  The reason for this is because he is not the player and does not have as much to offer college basketball as Brewer did in his freshman season.  Despite what many on this thread think, Tyler can and will benefit from having a knowledgable coach like Coach Peterson.  I can barely imagine how unbelievable he would be right now if he would have been actually coached for the past four years.  Nothing against Coach Holt but lots of times when you have a kid as talented as Tyler, you don't worry so much about that player and focus more on making the players around him better.  Coach Peterson will hopefully improve his staff and help Tyler reach the potential that so many of you hope he will reach.  Many people who post in favor of Tyler are his friends and classmates and it is great that he has the support that he does, but many of you also believe that he could make the jump to the NBA and that would be a huge mistake, I think that he probably should have gone to Oak Hill this past season to better prepare for his future whether it be in college or the NBA.  So back to the question at hand, do not confuse my answer or myself for being a "hater" because I believe that he WILL be a HUGE asset to the team, but he needs to be coached and become more adept to the higher level of play, he has always been a man among boys.

825581268[/snapback]

Actually most people know how good he is and because of is AAU experience and awards in the camps. Thats what make me think he is that good!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Tyler nor anyone else for that matter could carry the Tennessee Men's Basketball team with a FORKLIFT!!! They are horrible both talent wise and especially on the sidelines.

Bring Jerry Green and his lack of discipline back. At least he was winning 20+ games a year and taking the program to the NCAA tourney.

Tyler nor anyone else for that matter could carry the Tennessee Men's Basketball team with a FORKLIFT!!!  They are horrible both talent wise and especially on the sidelines. 

Bring Jerry Green and his lack of discipline back.  At least he was winning 20+ games a year and taking the program to the NCAA tourney.

825581528[/snapback]

Jerry Green benefited from Kevin O'Neil and Jerry Green is the one of the reasons we are in this mess.

Tyler's biggest impact (i believe) will be the prospects he helps bring in to Tennessee. I also believe that he will come in and start and take over for Scooter Mcfadgon who hasnt done anything this year. But Tyler will impact this school in a big way and alot of people around campus are saying that he could be legendary in more ways than one. If he can help bring UT back to a tournament team again. And help recruit some of these in-state players like he has already been doing.

Tyler already has the respect of everyone @ the University with him being such a high profile player and staying in-state when everyone else knows he could've went to better and more tradtional school. Hope Jamont follows suit.

thumb

can this kid shoot? or is he one of those guys who just over powers and out jumps everyone. i have heard he is a stud but i wonder if he will make an impact as big as every1 thinks. Buzz needs another shooter to go along with Lofton because Dane is prob the worst pick up Tennessee has made in awhile. He is a turn over machine but if tyler can get him out of the lineup then he is definately a good pick up.

825581286[/snapback]

Every game I've seen, Tyler Smith scores his numberous points off of layups except one game his freshman year against Columbia. I think he hit several threes, but other than that, not that I've seen. I know Giles Co. Fans think he's Mr. J.J. Redick.

well the ut program is a joke because of the horrible coaching, buzz is just as worse as jerry green. neither could handle the players on the team and keep them all disciplined. one of my friends talked to tyler after a game this season and asked him what he would do if buzz left or got fired. well tyler said he was going wherever buzz is...... i mean come on what is this kid thinking, buzz cant coach. i dont understand why tyler would even consider ut

College basketball is a game of short-term memory. I have seen a couple of people mention Buzz's stints at Appy State and Tulsa, but that doesn't seem to be sinking in to most of you. He was very successful at both of those schools. He can coach. His problems are bad recrutiting decisions. Athletic players that don't understand the game. Players that do understand that game, but aren't athletic enough to play in the SEC. I think first of all that Jordan Howell will impress next season. And, I think if he gets Jamont that this recruiting class will solve the one problem that has plagued Buzz while hes been at UTK, bad recruiting decisions. If this class turns out to be Tyler Smith, Jamont Gordan, and Matthew Dotson then I guarantee in 3 years this message board will be filled with people talking about how great of a coach Buzz is.