DII middle

unanymous89

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scouting is complete...All data has been acquired and inserted into the crystal ball.

The following is the way the season will play out.

DII Middle:

1)  BGA - No one talks about BGA but they have the most talent in the region.  5 strong TNFC 88 players plus Taylor Preston ( a transfer from Page or Centennial) from TNFC 89 and you have an outstanding team... BGA just stay quiet like you have (if I were you I would have talked all kinds of smack when people talk about everyone you lost and how weak you are) and show everyone on the field...People who know Middle TN soccer are not taking you lightly.

2) Father Ryan - Very young last year yet very competative at the end..

3) BA/ MBA / JPII tight race for the number 3 spot... Look for JPII to have a sub 500 regular season but to learn from their competition and turn it on in the tournament at the end.  Like Father Ryan did last year - start slow and build with the year.  MBA has the best goal keepers in the region.  Probably the top 3 keepers in the region.  JPII would love to have MBA #3  keeper Trey McMinn to start for them.  BA is always strong..

6) USN - lost several key players but has really strong coaching - could move up into the mix with MBA/ BA/ JPII

7) everyone else....No competition below the top 6 do not even know if college heights, middle tennessee Christian are even fielding teams.  Bell Buckle Webb and SAS do not pose a threat.

825598855[/snapback]

I think feverfans got it all figured out

yeah, though i think MBA will be third.

825616923[/snapback]

What is your rationale behind this decision? I don't disagree I just wonder what you think that they have that BA, JP and USN don't. Is it glazer? This is a tough region to pick because in my opinion any of these teams (well the main 6, not webb, mtcs, etc.) has a very strong chance to go to the state tourny. Key matchup on Wednesday BA and MBA face off in first region game should give us an idea if BA is for real and if MBA can back up what people are saying about them

Father Ryan and USN will be the Middle's finest to go to state, along with whoever else. They coth could make a splash, and hey, this might be Father Ryan's year. We got some really good foreign players on our team :blink: jk(but seriously, we do)

825618050[/snapback]

i find it kind of iteresting that you choode Father Ryan and USN. not that i disagree with you, i just think that those two teams will be number two and number three.

Well BA and MBA sqaured off today, MBA got the better half winning 3-0. From a spectators point of view though it was very oddly coached by BA, pulling 7 of his starters including his goal keeper 15 minutes into the game and returning none of them until the 2nd half when it was too late and no returning his keeper at all. Nothing taken away from MBA they are a good team strong up top with glazer, but they seem to be somewhat shaky in the back. I am not sure as to what BA's strategy was in pulling so many players so early into the game, but it seemed that the starters never could really develop much rhthym, but i must say when they were in they had several chanced to even the score. Will Vaughn had a great header just over the bar off cross from the outside and then #5 for BA had some chances but just came up unlucky on a few. Great game MBA, I would love to see these 2 teams meet again and maybe both teams play there best for 80 minutes and see the outcome I still think MBA would probally come out on top but it would be a much better game. Anyone else who was there want to reply, maybe someone from either team?

JL, I remember that the BA's coach did something similar last year, pulling alot of

starters out for long period of time. One thing about hs soccer other than your

sceede, the tourney is what counts. I think that you provide some valid insight,

but I think BGA is the class of the divsioin. Ryan is very strong and should finish in the top two, but nobody should dismiss the young guys from sumner county. I think they tied BA last year and defeated MBA. USN could prove to surprise alot of people.

JL,  I remember that the BA's coach did something similar last year, pulling alot of

starters out for long period of time.  One thing about hs soccer other than your

sceede, the tourney is what counts.  I think that you provide some valid insight,

but I think BGA is the class of the divsioin.  Ryan is very strong and should finish in the top two, but nobody should dismiss the young guys from sumner county.  I think they tied BA last year and defeated MBA.  USN could prove to surprise alot of people.

825621655[/snapback]

Yea i dont know what the deal is with pulling players so early, especially pulling so many players so early, but i guess its something the coach feels is good (i dont know why, they arent winning right now) but i must say that i do see some potential in this BA team they have some solid players in the back line, #19 and #8 both are very very solid and then there midfield looks very strong and times, but then again at times it looks terrible. Forwards seem to be the question mark. Will Vaughn and #5 seem to be the guys and both have great skill they just seem a little tentative at times and look like they may be lacking confidence. Although in their defense they may be scared to shoot for fear that if they miss coach will yank them because he has made it clear that he is not afraid to make substitutions. Were you at the game Nick? did you see the same things i saw? I think both BA and MBA have a legitimate shot at finishing in the top 3 in this region its just a matter as to what BA team shows up and MBA looks to lean very heavily on the shoulders of glazer. If he goes down i think they will be in trouble, but if he is healthy they will be a tough team to beat, he really keeps them going and in my opinion is possibly the best player in the region. Any other games played in the region yet?