Trenton defeats Greenfield

mrbigster

Trenton beat Greenfield tonight 60-56...Doakes will now be able to play the rest of the season ..Trenton should now be the favorite to reach the finals of the region championship..Trenton finished 4th in the district tournament and probably did better by doing so...Lake Co ,the District 16 A champions and Middle College,the 3rd place seed in the district tournament,but the regular season champions are in the same bracket and are on a path to meet each other in the 2nd round,providing both teams win their first game...Trenton will be the favorite but Halls and South Fulton are both capable of spoiling the party..If Lake Co and Trenton should make it to the championship,and neither of them may do so,..but if they do..the gym at Gleason may not be able to hold all the fans that will be there..And the tension and the hostility should really be unbearable..

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trenton beat Greenfield tonight 60-56...Doakes will now be able to play the rest of the season ..Trenton should now be the favorite to reach the finals of the region championship..Trenton finished 4th in the district tournament and probably did better by doing so...Lake Co ,the District 16 A champions and Middle College,the 3rd place seed in the district tournament,but the regular season champions are in the same bracket and are on a path to meet each other in the 2nd round,providing both teams win their first game...Trenton will be the favorite but Halls and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> are both capable of spoiling the party..If Lake Co and Trenton should make it to the championship,and neither of them may do so,..but if they do..the gym at Gleason may not be able to hold all the fans that will be there..And the tension and the hostility should really be unbearable..

825584834[/snapback]

ive been wantin to know...who are you?

Help me out with what this victory says.....

1) Greenfield is really bad trenton can still beat them without doaks- Shane isn't good enough to make a win even without Trenton's star player...

2) Trenton is just as good of a team without doaks- and maybe plays better team ball- doaks doesn't really make the team go as much as everyone thought....

maybe neither maybe both- what do ya think...

#2 . . . sort of.

Greenfield did fine save for a horrible last 2 or 3 minutes. They had probably seven turnovers. It was a 2 or 3 point game for most of the thirty-two minutes.

Not having Doaks hurt, but having to "fall-back" on a 6'-5" experienced center is hardly a serious drawback. Partee had an outstanding second quarter, and Ramsey scored at key times.

Shane is an excellent player, but he's 6'-2" and not a dominant force inside. And thats where Peabody won tonight: inside.

It was anybody's game till the last minute. The officiating wasn't really a factor, and both crowds were well-behaved. Same for each team.

Congratulations Brandon Shane on an awesome career @ Greenfield and goodluck in college!! Glad to see Doaks get another shot at playing and I am interested in seeing what he does with his second chance. I would love to see Peabody make it to the championship game against Lake Co. because Doaks has some unfinished business and the rest of the team now knows they can win without him so I think we will see a totally different team in a game like that. With Partee emerging tonight like he did and Doaks coming back that will be a tough 1,2 punch in the paint!!!!! Good luck Trenton and all the teams left in Region 8A!!!!

Congratulations Brandon Shane on an awesome career @ Greenfield and goodluck in college!! Glad to see Doaks get another shot at playing and I am interested in seeing what he does with his second chance. I would love to see Peabody make it to the championship game against Lake Co. because Doaks has some unfinished business and the rest of the team now knows they can win without him so I think we will see a totally different team in a game like that. With Partee emerging tonight like he did and Doaks coming back that will be a tough 1,2 punch in the paint!!!!! Good luck Trenton and all the teams left in Region 8A!!!!

Nice post!

Greenfield not the same team that I saw earlier in the year.  Too many turnovers.

Middle College Trenton in the finals.

825585339[/snapback]

Youhad Lake Co and Greenfield earlier...with Greenfield winning..I don't think you know a whole lot about basketball..But then again ..you have been going to the West Carrol-Big Sandy type games..That explains it..

Congratulations Brandon Shane on an awesome career @ Greenfield and goodluck in college!!  Glad to see Doaks get another shot at playing and I am interested in seeing what he does with his second chance. I would love to see Peabody make it to the championship game against Lake Co. because Doaks has some unfinished business and the rest of the team now knows they can win without him so I think we will see a totally different team in a game like that. With Partee emerging tonight like he did and Doaks coming back that will be a tough 1,2 punch in the paint!!!!!  Good luck Trenton and all the teams left in Region 8A!!!!

825585535[/snapback]

Trenton has a much easier task to get to the finals..but still I wouldn't overlook South Fulton..Lake Co may not beat Middle College either..But as far as unfinished business...Even if Trenton was to beat Lake Co..Lake Co could still make it to the Boro..It would be a little tougher road playing a substate game in someone else's gym..So,I wouldn't gloat too much..Lake Co will still have beaten them 3-1 heads up...With home field on the line and probably neither team wanting to travel to either Middleton or J.C.S. it should be some game...I still believe Lake Co is quicker and a better overall team..If Lake Co is shooting good from the outside..Lake Co will win...I didn't put West Carrol in the equation because I don't think they will beat J.C.S...even at home...