Mr. Basketball Nominations Single A

LoveIt

I think Caleb is a wise choice for this year. He's able to do so much on the court in terms of scoring, defense, and making his teammates play up to his level. You also have to take into consideration that he's following-up a good season with a great season. It would also make a good story line for the press seeing that his brother Jake one it (MR. BAsketball) a couple of years back.

Doc

like it or love it?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never said he wasn't a good ball player. Bring him up a lot?? He's in the spotlight. You sure do jump to make sure he is portrayed in a favorable light...all the time...i.e. mr. basketball, ejection from game, cursing at ref...etc...sounds to me like you might have....what's that called..that Spike Lee movie???  _ _ _ _ _ _ fever?? I think that was the name of it..lol :blink:

825612872[/snapback]

SportsNation you are the biggest JACK*** I have ever seen on these message boards. You must have some kind of beef with Trenton because you haven't done anything but run them down. Not only are you dogging out the Boy's program you have also been doing the same to the Girl's! If you are jealous of their success just say so and get it off your chest and stop crying about it!!! :D:D:P

Peabody Maternal Figure...

Can you explain Doaks attitude to me? I have heard allegations against him that just sound like they are coming from sore losers. What's your opinion...?

825613851[/snapback]

I know this wasnt directed to me but he has a great attitude he just gets in to the game just as every player does and i think at that game he was meaning it to the ref but he was frustrated with himself

I've never said he wasn't a good ball player. Bring him up a lot?? He's in the spotlight. You sure do jump to make sure he is portrayed in a favorable light...all the time...i.e. mr. basketball, ejection from game, cursing at ref...etc...sounds to me like you might have....what's that called..that Spike Lee movie???  _ _ _ _ _ _ fever?? I think that was the name of it..lol :lol:

825612872[/snapback]

that last comment was uncalled for....

Edited by volsbigd712

I've never said he wasn't a good ball player. Bring him up a lot?? He's in the spotlight. You sure do jump to make sure he is portrayed in a favorable light...all the time...i.e. mr. basketball, ejection from game, cursing at ref...etc...sounds to me like you might have....what's that called..that Spike Lee movie??? _ _ _ _ _ _ fever?? I think that was the name of it..lol :lol:

825612872[/snapback]

[/quo

That is really uncalled for. if you knew some one would you want them talked badly about.

Pay no attention to SportsNation like I stated before he is a JACK***!!! :lol::lol:

A kid gets caught up in one game and shows his emotions and now he has the worst attitude in Highschool basketball history???? Please these are 14-18 year old kids we are talking about and that was a big game for him!! Give the kid a break!!

I've never said he wasn't a good ball player. Bring him up a lot?? He's in the spotlight. You sure do jump to make sure he is portrayed in a favorable light...all the time...i.e. mr. basketball, ejection from game, cursing at ref...etc...sounds to me like you might have....what's that called..that Spike Lee movie???  _ _ _ _ _ _ fever?? I think that was the name of it..lol :P

825612872[/snapback]

You are pitiful!

Peabody Maternal Figure...

Can you explain Doaks attitude to me? I have heard allegations against him that just sound like they are coming from sore losers. What's your opinion...?

825613851[/snapback]

Actually......the particular game he is referring to is a district game with LC and Peabody lost that game. This ejection was in the last few minutes of the fourth quarter and he had been [as told to me] verbally and physically provoked all night. Doaks is very hard on himself and his frustrations are very obvious, but only the frustration itself.....not who it's directed to. Some [even me at first] think that he's upset with a call, but he strives for excellence in himself and his team. He's always pointing and directing his team....being the TEAM LEADER he should be. When things don't work out or mistakes are made he is upset....with himself, not the refs. Yes, he let his emotions get the best of him that night. He is one of the most dedicated basketball players I know. Having said all of that, he can also laugh at himself too. Yes, he missed a dunk the other night at the JCS game, but he smiled real big and went on. By the way, he did have 2 eagles hanging on him as he was attempting the dunk. I would never say he is perfect because we all know that is not true........he's just better than most! He's also one of the best players we've seen here at PHS......on and off the court. He's not the only ball player I'd speak up for at PHS.....he just happens to be the one that everyone harps on all the time. I guess I just need to realize that when you have a great basketball player that is a finalist for Mr. Basketball.............everyone is going to evaluate EVERY game he plays, every facial expression will be noted and there are going to be some that will dislike him ONLY because their favorite player did not the recognition they thought he should get.

ROCK on NICCHAEUS!!!!!

NO XAVIER WEBB??? This is a major sham!!! Xavier was a NO BRAINER for a finalist any way you cut it... Weak schedule or not, it was tougher than McEwen's and Puckett's, and West Carroll WON their games!!!  Xavier had the STATS, the WINS, and the ON COURT SKILLS to be a finalist, more or less WIN the award...

This is ridiculous, and arguably the best player in Class A, as well as the only High Major signee in Class A...

825584964[/snapback]

IF he is so good why only 20 pts. in Reg. semi-final game? Height is the major reason he got a scholarship. He can not help how tall he is but a dedicated player has a lot to do with good he gets thru hard work and practice.

The real sham is Alan North was not the West, TN finalist. I will be happy to talk with yo u in person about this if you care to. I will be in Middle Tn and West Tn May, 05.