Mr. Basketball Nominations Single A

LoveIt

I think they give the award out a week or two after state.  So yes, it could come down to who has the best post-season.

825585835[/snapback]

Yeah this is very true. Take a player like Brandon Shane. Shoo-in for Mr. Basketball Class A 2004. Awesome season, was favorite for Mr. Basketball, overwhelminghly favored. His dreams of Mr. Basketball came to and end due to an 11 point performance in the opening round of the State tournament. In turn, CCS's Jon Cook becane Mr. Basketball.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this is very true. Take a player like Brandon Shane. Shoo-in for Mr. Basketball Class A 2004. Awesome season, was favorite for Mr. Basketball, overwhelminghly favored. His dreams of Mr. Basketball came to and end due to an 11 point performance in the opening round of the State tournament. In turn, CCS's Jon Cook becane Mr. Basketball.

825588409[/snapback]

this just shows how stupid you really are- shane was by no means a "shoo-in" or a favorite- cook had all the hype better numbers and was a better player- that is why he won it- one game would never cost someone a mr. basketball trophy but keep puttin up smart posts like this you're impressing people....

this just shows how stupid you really are- shane was by no means a "shoo-in" or a favorite- cook had all the hype better numbers and was a better player- that is why he won it- one game would never cost someone a mr. basketball trophy but keep puttin up smart posts like this you're impressing people....

825588846[/snapback]

dude u have anger issues

825588846[/snapback]

Guys, back off. Yourmine obviously has some insecurity issues. Its ok, Im sure you can find someone on the team to cry with.....

825588846[/snapback]

Cook wasn't the favorite, I voted. Shane had a poor performance after the 1st quarter of the 1st round of state. It swayed several voters. Sad but true. I voted for Shane.

Cook wasn't the favorite, I voted. Shane had a poor performance after the 1st quarter of the 1st round of state. It swayed several voters. Sad but true. I voted for Shane.

825596070[/snapback]

i played against both and cook was much better. shane was very athletic but hes a 6-2 or 6-3 post player. i wasnt very impressed with shane. is he even playing college ball next year

No, I'm pretty sure Cook wasn't the favorite. Maybe in Chattanooga he was.

Everybody had their money on Shane until his lackluster performance in the state. Get mad @ me if you want whatever.

825588852[/snapback]

The final voting took place before the state tournament...Shane's performance at the Boro didn't matter.

Wang15, have you seen all the players in single A play? If not, how can you say he is the MOST dominating? He obviously is very good, and he is dominating to be sure. But consider this: He should be good, he should dominate. Look how big he is and there isn't competition in this division that can consistenly handle someone with that kind of size. This is not a knock at all, in fact it is a compliment. My point is that he should be dominating. However, you take someone like Skogen who when you see him you will say, You have got to be kidding. He is thin, only 6'2" with his shoes on and there is NOTHING intimidating about him whatsoever, and he too takes over games. I think it much more impressive when someone like that dominates than I do someone who is as physically blessed as Doaks dominates. Who is the MOST dominating? Don't know. But there are other questions to be asked, who is the best BB player? Who gets the team involved? And of course, who wins.

I'll put it this way then...

If you could have just ONE of the finalists to start your team, who would it be??? They are all great, but who would be your first pick, if you could start with just one???

I would pick Doaks without a doubt. You kind find other guards, but a 6'8 athlete that can dominate inside, dominate the boards, dominate defensively, and still step out and hit the three is hard to find...

I'll put it this way then...

If you could have just ONE of the finalists to start your team, who would it be??? They are all great, but who would be your first pick, if you could start with just one???

I would pick Doaks without a doubt. You kind find other guards, but a 6'8 athlete that can dominate inside, dominate the boards, dominate defensively, and still step out and hit the three is hard to find...

825596386[/snapback]

I haven't seen Doaks hit a 3 all year..what game are you watching?? Be objective, just because Chokes is in your top 10 doesn't mean the rest of the basketball viewing public and "coaches" think that way..take your big man to UTC and be happy. A powerhouse like UTC needs a Power player like Doaks. :D:P:o:D