Lady Cyclones District One Champions

coaches_corner

Elizabethton came to play tonight beating the Cougars handily in the District One final at Unicoi. In the third place game, Unicoi beat Volunteer.

The cyclones played perhaps their most complete game of the year. Rikki Baughman won her second straight District One MVP with Valnessha Redd and Michaela Pietrowski making all tournament for the second straight year. Cameron Crapps made all tournament for the cyclones as well.

On to the Regional Ladies. Back to back District titles. Back to back Regionals would be sweet!!! Great job coaches and players. Cyclone pride !!!!

Edited by coaches_corner

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Cyclones! I am proud of your 2nd straight District title and wish I could have seen it. Stay focused and keep taking it one game at a time. I really believe you have what it takes to reach your ultimate goal. Few others give you the respect you deserve. Prove them wrong! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!

CyclonesNightmare aka FisherBasher......there was a foul disparity but did you ever stop to think it was deserved based on play?!?! Ever stop to think that a six inch height advantage leads to fouls by the other team? Central's players were frustrated and it showed in their play. I suppose you thought the intentional foul on 22 against Redd was bogus?? The officiating crew was one of the most respected in this part of the state. Ask your coach, Fisher, about that crew, if you and he are speaking to one another. :unsure:

Fact is Elizabethton played a complete game last night. Redd played her best game as a cyclone. Everyone fulfilled their respective roles. Its over however, and now it truly becomes a one game season.

You always whine about the refs when the cyclones win. Always. I hear Ray getting ready to sing.......

Read the 2nd and 4th paragraphs well. Its happened all year. With Pietrowski having a camp ground set up in the paint and no fouls called on Eliz. well into 2nd quarter. Couldn't expect much. Elizabethton is a good team and they don't need that kind of help. Monday will be the test when they face the regional refs instead of the locals.

Elizabethton captures District 1-AA crown with win over Central

BY ALLEN LAMOUNTAIN

Sports Correspondent

TriCities.com

Feb 25, 4:00 AM EST 

ERWIN, Tenn. – An early offensive burst and steady defense was the recipe for Elizabethton as it captured the District 1-AA crown with a 63-37 victory over Sullivan Central.

The Cyclones (25-5) took control of the contest in the first half, with a seemingly endless parade to the free-throw line where they shot 13-of-15.

The Cyclones went into the second half with a 31-14 advantage after hitting 9-of-21 from the floor.

Elizabethton finished 18-of-24 from the foul line in the contest, compared to the 3-of-6 free-throw shooting by Central.

825585642[/snapback]

Elizabethton won with defense. Quit crying :unsure: