Charles Little AAA Mr. Basketball Finalist?

spydaman2405

Shaq - 7'1", 350 lbs. post player

Little - 6'5", 200 lbs. post player

Equivalent?  I think not.  Therefore, anytime you ever compare these two individuals you have reached an amazing level of discredability.  Charles Little is a size of player that is very common in the present day.  Unless he can develop a game for playing the wing, he will have a difficult time in college because he simply isn't large enough to play post at the Division 1 level whether it is mid-major or not.  Do I believe Charles Little is a good candidate for Mr. Basketball?  Sure.  Mr. Basketball is a reward for a quality high school basketball player, not for the best college prospect.

825588058[/snapback]

first off, saying charles has no skill tells me you have never seen him play. second, you say 6'5 posts dont succeed. you ever seen uc play. their tallest player is 6'7 and hicks may be the most dominate guy at times, hes pushin 6'6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Wallace is only 6'9, Charles Little is 6'6. Look what Ben Wallace is doing. He can play the post at the college level, but most likely he will play wing. Its the heart that counts, Charles just needs someone/something to motivate him. When he gets motivated, he is hard to stop. He was motivated in the first meeting with Bradley. WHY? because everybody was talking about them. Most people say Charles can't hit a 3. He never takes them. So, we wouldn't know. Get off this man's back, yall are gettin a little heavy..LOL :lol:

Ben Wallace is only 6'9, Charles Little is 6'6. Look what Ben Wallace is doing. He can play the post at the college level, but most likely he will play wing. Its the heart that counts, Charles just needs someone/something to motivate him. When he gets motivated, he is hard to stop. He was motivated in the first meeting with Bradley. WHY? because everybody was talking about them. Most people say Charles can't hit a 3. He never takes them. So, we wouldn't know. Get off this man's back, yall are gettin a little heavy..LOL :lol:

825588510[/snapback]

i gotta question, im sure you will answer, you seem smart :D

if you have a guy hitting like every shot he takes inside. 2 games in a row over 70%. would you:

A. have him shoot inside where hes money

B. have him go shoot outside

why in the heck would you take a guy who cant be stopped inside, and have him play outside.

as to the guy who said you cant compare little to shaq. sure you are right, if we were comparing size. the poster wasnt. he was comparing how they score and how teams cant stop them. you wouldnt ask shaq to go shoot 3s, you would be a moron to do so

i gotta question, im sure you will answer, you seem smart :angry: 

if you have a guy hitting like every shot he takes inside.  2 games in a row over 70%.  would you:

A.  have him shoot inside where hes money

B.  have him go shoot outside

why in the heck would you take a guy who cant be stopped inside, and have him play outside.

as to the guy who said you cant compare little to shaq. sure you are right, if we were comparing size.  the poster wasnt.  he was comparing how they score and how teams cant stop them.  you wouldnt ask shaq to go shoot 3s, you would be a moron to do so

825588624[/snapback]

to answer you question, i would have him shoot inside where he is money.

Both Delk twins go to Jackson, but will both be attenting Mississippi State next year for college.

And about Chuck,

He can jump and shoot inside 3 ft. I don't want to hear somebody come on here and say he has improved on free throws either, because he hasn't he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat!

825586486[/snapback]

Thats kinda funny cuz I went and watched him play about 6 times this year and everytime I saw him, he shot freethrows good. Only bad game I saw him have was against McMinn cuz he was playin straight up horrible that game.

ok chumps.....being from cumberland and watching him play 3 times against us...he's unbelieveable athlete...and a heck of a player....at a play day, on a fast break he pulled off a windmill dunk cause we yelled for him to.... but dunking is not what he's best at....if you get him the ball in the post, he's automatic...hes a great player and also a team player, he doesn't shoot everytime he touches it even though he'd proly like to...i have the upmost respect for him and i wish him the best in college...he's a finalist in my book

ok he was 6'6, and 250+ pounds...and he wasn't exactly a post player, he was a forward..good try with the info tho

825589040[/snapback]

wow, a forward, it not exactly a big differnce. Most forwards shoot better than post players. Charles' range is anywhere inside the 3 point line. Charles could be a very good powerforward, in college. Charles is the man!!

Charles Little is 6'5 tops, so don't call him 6'6 or higher...

I watched Hicks in AAU, as well as Charles, and there is very little comparison of their talents... Hicks was far superior at the same level compared to Little: was taller, just as athletic, more perimeter oriented, had much better handles, and played with much more heart...

And definitely don't start comparing Little to Charles Barkley!!!

Little is a very good HS player, but has not had the type of season in a very down district to deserve a Mr. Basketball finalist nomination in my opinion...

wow, a forward, it not exactly a big differnce. Most forwards shoot better than post players. Charles' range is anywhere inside the 3 point line. Charles could be a very good powerforward, in college. Charles is the man!!

825589159[/snapback]

he was just saying that charles little could be a good post player with his size b/c charles barkley was, when charles barkley wasn't a post, thats all the post meant, man people on here do not know how to read into things at all