Livingston Academy

The General

DL played LA at their place and they have two post players that make Brock look skinny. If GB has a problem with Brock's body, then you better get ready! They also can shoot the three. At the end of third quarter the score was 52 - 51 LA and DL went cold in the fourth quarter. LA also hit 9 (count them 9) three's that game and that was a killer. If I was GB I would worry about LA and forget DL.

Last year DL finished 4th in the tournament and played the #1 seed in the east and won. So it can be done if you focus on the your game and let the rest worry about theirs. Coleman and Dorris didn't appear to be at their normal self. Brandt is a tough player always, but Greer needs some meat on him, even Mayes is 205 and runs better than Greer. Greer gets winded to easy.

Good luck to 8AA.

Go Stangs!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock's great post moves didn't work in the first half bc he got blocked or tipped or missed the shot and his great post moves in the second half involved hooking his right arm around the defender and shooting with his left hand. It's kinda hard to get to the ball when you get hooked, maybe that's why hooking with your off arm is supposed to be a foul. But when the refs finally call the first foul on DL halfway through the fourth quarter, there's not much you can do. He didn't do it every time, but it seemed when the defender had the position to affect the shot, Brock would use that off arm to move the defender out of the way. Not taking anything away from Brock bc he is a good, quick player and he did have some good moves to get by Greer and others, but yall are making it look like Brock owned the posts, the team, the coaches, and even the fans of GB. He had a good game and is a great player, but don't make him out to be Shaq and make Greer out to be a wimpy third grader.

All you have to do is front Brock and Mayes and make Lipscomb shoot from the outside. THATS IT! If Lipscomb's shooters are on then DL has a great chance to beat you, if not then it's over. Look at the 3 times MLK played the Mustangs. Kris Smith, Clarence and James Kaminski all worked on fronting Mayes and Brock, denying them the ball and look what happened. Brock and Mayes combined for only 11 points and few rebounds, and MLK took yet another District Title with ease, even if they shot poorly.

BIG BEN

i thinks its funny a couple of macon county fans can get on here and talk about greenbriers coaching strategy and players but yet their team has only won like 5 or 6 games in two years. i saw the macon game at home and greenbrier played their jv 3 quarters and still won big. they won't run the score up on you like these teams out of nashville, like mlk and hume fogg will. greenbrier has a little more class than that. i think you macon fans have a whole more to worry about with what your post players and your entire team team are going to do than worry about what greenbrier is going to do. i know greenbrier is moving on to the regionals even if they did have a bad district tournament. looking at the brackets in the paper it may be in their favor to be a 4.

Greenbrier has always fronted the post or tried to in every game every year...UNLESS they think that backing the post will work better which isn't often but in this case, we thought we would try something different by backing and going for the block which happened alot in the first half. Brock did a better job of scoring around the post in the second half but it had nothing to do with the post players' and the team's confidence, we did what the coach told us to do which worked in the first half but not as well in the second. I don't know why everyone has decided to blame GB's posts for losing the game. The coach shouldn't be blamed either because he did what he thought was needed to win. And if you havn't noticed, GB has the second best allowed point average in the district at around 45 points per game, and in that game DL scored 46 points, so maybe it wasn't the defense as much as it was the offense or the fact that none of our shots were falling. I'm not making excuses because we didn't play well enough to win, but all of yall are so keyed on blaming one thing when there was more than one thing that didn't go so well for us in that game.

First off Brier Boyz, I feel confident that if Macon went 6'8", 6'6", and 6'5" across the front line that we would be pretty good too, and i'd be willing to bet we would front the post. You both are right defense didn't lose you the game, and we aren't blaming the posts we are just questioning the reason for playing behind Brock. You lost becasue your star player layed a big egg the whole district tournament. However, if you want to beat Livingston you will front Colson and company and stay in their guards faces, because they can stroke the three. As for the brackets being in your favor, I would never want to face the other Districts number one team right out of the blocks, but yea all teams on the opposite side of MLK caught a break!!!