Peabody -vs- South Fulton

goldentide79

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing against Steve Patterson in the PHS gym ought to be rather interesting.

825596126[/snapback]

I'm sure the young ladies will have to deal with some emotions in the game because of their playing for Patterson for two years and leading them to the state title in 2003. But, as Teri Lumley told me last night, "it's you or him, only one can move on...which one do you want it to be?"

It will be great to see Steve...saw him earlier in the season and had a great talk with him. He's a great friend and I'm happy he's enjoying success at Madison.

One of the interesting parts of the match-up is that Madison plays the "run & stun" style that Patterson brought to Peabody. The Lady Tide know how to play it...Saturday night, it'll be their job to stop it.

Swammy, you did mention foul issues and boy does SF know how to draw them!  They can fake better than anyone I've seen!  But you were wrong on the outcome!  ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

825595456[/snapback]

Hey mom...I am glad you saw the foul issues too! You are right, South Fulton was good at Faking fouls...Peabody was good at Making fouls. If you can fake them and get away with it...or make them and get away with it...its all a part of the game. The girl in the middle for Peabody had at least 6 fouls before the third quarter. In the boys game...the big man in the middle was only charged with 1 foul all night!!!! Its all a part of the game....but remember....you cannot let Mr. or Mrs. Basketball foul out of a game like that. Too many scouts!!!! Good luck to Peabody and South Fulton! Hats off to Peabody's coach as well....she adjusted great in the 2nd half.

Hey mom...I am glad you saw the foul issues too!  You are right, South Fulton was good at Faking fouls...Peabody was good at Making fouls.  If you can fake them and get away with it...or make them and get away with it...its all a part of the game.  The girl in the middle for Peabody had at least 6 fouls before the third quarter.  In the boys game...the big man in the middle was only charged with 1 foul all night!!!!  Its all a part of the game....but remember....you cannot let Mr. or Mrs. Basketball foul out of a game like that.  Too many scouts!!!!  Good luck to Peabody and South Fulton!  Hats off to Peabody's coach as well....she adjusted great in the 2nd half.

825596782[/snapback]

Both teams know how to play good solid defense.

I guess I just didn't realize that they are taught to do that. I'm really behind. It really hit me when I saw one of them (SF) turn around and smile as she was getting up. That's amazing!

Oh, what boys game are you referring to? Just trying to follow.

Edited by peabodymom