Top Knoxville area teams

JKerrBdaMan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who is the best, but I am certain that both Powell and Central will be strong in their district. Morristown East will once again be good, as well as Seymour.

Anytime you have a dominant pitcher like an Irwin at Central, even coaching can't usually mess that up :)

825591216[/snapback]

So What are you trying to say? Cox is an idiot.

There are some strong teams out of the knoxville area this season.....Seymour has been underestimated..Munday(sry if wrong) is a great pitcher and with the addition of the catcher from Gibbs, they are going to be a tough team.

I think Bearden will be tough again this year, Sally is an amazing pitcher and shes got great speed on the bases.

I think Central is a little overrated...yeah Irwin is great but I dont think she could carry her whole team again. They just arent very strong. Ask a lot of girls who have faced her.... shes not impossible to hit.Shes just not all everyone puts her up to be.

Someone I think should get a little more credit is Hollifield from Alcoa, havent heard much about her this year though, but shes incredible and with her change up shes going to dominate if she can keep it together.

Farragut will be tough, of course, but they are going to struggle a little offensively. But I think they are one of the best defensive teams around.

My Top 5

1.Farragut

2.Bearden

3.Karns

4.Powell

5.Seymour

I don't think Kandice is overrated by any means. She can pitch and is a fierce competitor when she is on the mound. I do agree that she cannot carry the entire team on her back. I believe Central lost a lot of players from last years squad and are very young this year. No seniors and only two juniors. They will be competitive though with a solid defense and more depth in pitching with a couple of freshman. Hitting will be the key issue. It should be a very interesting year.

Good teams that I have seen thus far.

1) Karns

2) Farragut

3) Powell

4) Central

5) Seymour

6) Heritage

7) Morristown West

8) Bearden

Played Morristown East Saturday at Powell, pretty good team. Since Heather transfered to Powell, does Bearden have another pitcher other than Sally? Who do they have returning beside Paige and Jennifer? Still think there will be some suprises in this district :o

I think Bearden will be tough again this year, Sally is an amazing pitcher and shes got great speed on the bases.

I think Central is a little overrated...yeah Irwin is great but I dont think she could carry her whole team again. They just arent very strong. Ask a lot of girls who have faced her.... shes not impossible to hit.Shes just not all everyone puts her up to be.

825593816[/snapback]

Bearden hasn't gotten a lot of press this year....but they will. Sally is on her own...during her senior year....and will shine. Check my memory....but I don't think her ERA has been over 1 in the last three years...maybe 0.5! Splitting time with Heather hurt her numbers and her acclaim....but she is one of the best and most consistent. Bearden hasn't gotten the credit they deserve because they have alway fallen short........But this may be their year!

Yes, Central may be somewhat overated....defensively and offensively they will struggle....BUT don't knock Kandice for that! She is NOT overated.....probably underated. She had over 350 K's last year splitting time with Jenna....and has pitched dominately in summer ball against the top competion in the country. She may not be unhittable....I know no one that is....they don't get any better!

Like your picks.....but I can't believe a softball poll in Knoxville doesn't include Gibbs?!?!

Like your picks.....but I can't believe a softball poll in Knoxville doesn't include Gibbs?!?!

825594000[/snapback]

Farragut is going to Gibbs this afternoon for a scrimmage. As of this posting it has not been cancelled. (I need to make sure I have my foot warmers). I will let you know what we see.

Two responses to earlier posts. Sally's ERA was over 1.00 last year. Farragut score 4 in one game and 2 in another and all were earned. I think having only Sally will help Bearden. She is a great pitcher, but they are similar to Central. There seem to be fewer and fewer girls trying out for Bearden's team.

From what I have seen (and believe me, I see alot) Farragut will be better offensively this year. We had good hitters last year through the order, but we always had dead spots that would kill innings. We got some timely hitting in the run for State, but overall we did not generate alot of runs. I have seen alot more offensive possibility this year.

Someone I think should get a little more credit is Hollifield from Alcoa, havent heard much about her this year though, but shes incredible and with her change up shes going to dominate if she can keep it together.

825593816[/snapback]

"if she can keep it together" what does she need to keep together.