GILES VS HUMBOLT!

BIGTEN

No one counting them out. I mean, they did make it to the sub-state...so they must be doing something right. However, I don't think Humboldt has been in such a hostile environment all year long. I mean hostile in a good way. The GC fans are awesome and you can bet the noise level in that place will sound like someone just dropped an a-bomb in Pulaski. I wish I could make the trip to see this one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Side won the game, but you also have to realize that was the first home loss for Giles County in two full seasons. Humboldt is a marvelous team, I am very impressed that they got this far (figured we'd be playing Lexington for sure).

I need to do my scouting report, if anyone has some info please share. Is the Humboldt roster on the site correct? Who are their usual starting 5? What tempo of ball do they play?

No one counting them out.  I mean, they did make it to the sub-state...so they must be doing something right.  However, I don't think Humboldt has been in such a hostile environment all year long.  I mean hostile in a good way. The GC fans are awesome and you can bet the noise level in that place will sound like someone just dropped an a-bomb in Pulaski.  I wish I could make the trip to see this one.

825605131[/snapback]

they've played in Bolivar and trust me its no easy place to play either, of course they lost though. im pullin for Humboldt but they are gonna have to play like they did in district when they beat Liberty by 20 something to have a shot at winnin this game otherwise they dont have a chance. They arent near as good as last years Southside team in case you Giles County fans are wondering.

They arent near as good as last years Southside team in case you Giles County fans are wondering.

Are you talking about the same Southside team that we played two times last year and beat both times? We're the same team this year we were last year, only more experienced, since there were no seniors on last year's team.

Are you talking about the same Southside team that we played two times last year and beat both times? We're the same team this year we were last year, only more experienced, since there were no seniors on last year's team.

825605574[/snapback]

yes im talkin about the southside team that played in the state shampionship game last year. they picked it up a notch for the tournament play and were unbeatable....until they played us. that team was loaded just couldnt get it goin in the regular season. dont be gettin all wound up....i said i'll be pullin for yall...maybe our district can play for the championship again like last year.