Get Real guys Lets talk about the BEST SENIORS in

Guest thedragon

yep... all that have been mentioned are good...

dont forget:

smalley (rhp) hixson

green (ss/2b) hixson

vaughn/hicks at soddy are good hitters... rende will be a stud next year in any sport he plays.

stewart/poole from ER

stafford/sorah from walker valley

fabry/cofer/miller from red bank

farrow from central

sitz/fults/melton from grundy co.

there are probably plenty more, and i haven't even touched the dII schools

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I had heard about that Delmonico rumor back in the fall and it turned out to be true.  It's too bad, the kid is talented and can no doubt do it, but I see no point in rushing life.  It may be something to look back on and regret.  I believe he was held back so that he would be more mature and older than everyone else...looks like that was meaningless now!

825594608[/snapback]

one reason he's ready to leave is because he should really be a senior .. he was held back so he would be older for his class. It doesnt matter though because he wouldve gone to a d-1 school had he graduated last year. he is leavin and goin to UT last i heard i dont think he's plannin on playin professionally before he goes to college but i may be wrong.. thats the last i heard.

lance mcclain is one of the best senior pitchers in the east.

Edited by 77kcoRaeB77

Not sure...but I think he'll go to UT...at least last I heard he was leaving school early so he could go ahead and enroll in college.  This is my total ignorant opinion, but I project he would get drafted between the 4th and 10th rounds.

But watch out for his junior teammate Rob Catapano...he's a lefty pitcher who will be throwing 92-94 by graduation....he's gonna go first 3 rounds, watch!

825594901[/snapback]

Tony at the East Coast Professional Showcase this summer was the lone junior ranked in the "Top 10" from the showcase coming in as number 10. I'm not exactly sure but I believe Waldrop was given a ranking very similar from that same showcase. Not saying Tony would be a First rounder, probably anywhere from 2-8 IF he was interested in going pro. However I'm sure that his dad will scare off the scouts and they will view him as "Un-signable" so he will fall drastically in the draft. Tony will be at UT next year....just my opinion.

And 92-94 from Catapano? I sure would be impressed to see that. He already has impressed me with the velocity he throws now but 92-94? I don't believe that he has the physical potential to throw the ball that hard. I believe he is somewhere around 5'10" and my best guess 170. He has nasty stuff and I believe will be a very high draft pick as well, he has raw natural talent that is God-given. I'm sure he wouldn't mind being up there though!

Edited by TheFH

Yea I had heard about that Delmonico rumor back in the fall and it turned out to be true.  It's too bad, the kid is talented and can no doubt do it, but I see no point in rushing life.  It may be something to look back on and regret.  I believe he was held back so that he would be more mature and older than everyone else...looks like that was meaningless now!

825594608[/snapback]

Tony has nothing to loose by moving on and needs to play with players above his level to get better...chalk up the high school time playing now to paying dues. Maturity issues will keep him from going pro for a few years. I'm sure he and his family have a calculated path for him to travel. You're right about not rushing it. Lotta talent!!!

Brandon Turner get my vote too.  Actually, Tony Delmonico is a junior, but for our purposes, he could be a senior....this is his last year.  He's going to play this year, graduate early, and move on.  Good move by him...he's tops right BESIDE Turner.

825594530[/snapback]

im with you guys on this one to but you forgot Alex Vaughn of SD and HIgdon of OH

Since ya'll are talking seniors, don't forget Cody Brown.  Didn't he have 14 homers last year?

825595715[/snapback]

yea i would say dont look for the same kind of numbers this year because people will be able to pitch around him a little bit this year... but he is no doubt one of the best seniors this year.

Since ya'll are talking seniors, don't forget Cody Brown.  Didn't he have 14 homers last year?

825595715[/snapback]

Cody is a great 3rd baseman and quite a hitter. I'm not sure of the number of home runs, (I believe you're close) but I do remember the one that went in the foul pole!