National Anthem

peabodymom

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure would like to see EVERYONE acknowledge the playing of the National Anthem.  MOST people do, but I see several young people and some adults talking on their cell phones, sitting, chewing their gum and blowing/popping bubbles, etc. 

What do these people think this song is?

825598660[/snapback]

I may upset some people with this but oh well,

Personally I do not have a problem with aknowledging the national anthem but it the same time think about what our country was built on, those same people that do not stand or take off their hats or do whatever that is there right to do as they please duing the national anthem it is not a law that people stand and put their hnd over their heart and sing along, I know it sounds like I am bashing the National ANthem but I am not in no way form or fashion

Amen Sister!

As a U.S. Army veteran, it makes me want to slap some sense into a few folks!

Then I try to remember that our troups fight and die to secure their freedoms too.

Unfortunatly, that includes the freedom to disrespect everything that most of us stand for, and the freedom to act like morons in public places.

I console myself with the hope that they will learn to appreciate the sacrifices that have been made that allow them to gather in public places without fear from the government, or from attacks by an enemy.

Keep your respect, and pray that the others wise up soon!

To icecold:

Your screen name fits you.

You DO have that right because of our military. Why would you not want to?

I'd like people to at least stand quietly and let those who do care and are thankful enjoy the playing of our national anthem. It IS disrespectful! Perhaps you should go serve in the military and fight for you own rights, then you'd know the feeling of someone not showing respect to our country and our soldiers.

Edited by peabodymom

Amen Sister!

As a U.S. Army veteran, it makes me want to slap some sense into a few folks!

Then I try to remember that our troups fight and die to secure their freedoms too.

Unfortunatly, that includes the freedom to disrespect everything that most of us stand for, and the freedom to act like morons in public places.

I console myself with the hope that they will learn to appreciate the sacrifices that have been made that allow them to gather in public places without fear from the government, or from attacks by an enemy.

Keep your respect, and pray that the others wise up soon!

825598760[/snapback]

Well put sportsguy. The way things are going I think everyone has a Son, Daughter, Niece, Nephew, Cousin, Mother or Father in the military. There are people like icecold that makes it hard to think that they are there fighting for his freedom so he can sit in a warm gym and then get on here and say that they don't have to resect the National Anthem. Obviously you have never served in the Military. That is just one of the reasons that you should have more respect for those who did it for you. Do you realize that someones baby died for you to be able to even go to a bball game? You should be ashamed. If you don't like our ways in the good Ole' USA "GET OUT"

Edited by sportiemom

People please read before you start bashing, I have respect for the flag the military and my country. My father is a veteran two of my best friends are in Iraq right now fighting for the freedom of other people, the whole point of my previous post (which after reading again was not clear, sorry) is that life is too short for civilized people to worry their lives away trying to figure why certain idiots act the way they do, so once again to reiterate my point, do I agree with war no I dont salute the flag because of its colors I salute the flag in honor of all of the men and women who risk their lives for the good of other people because they are braver than I will ever be. But at the same time like the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drinkYou can ask people to stand but you cant make them but guess what the beauty of it is they have to live with that not you, as long as you do what you feel is right then you will be okay, and hopefully one day those "idiots" will grow upSorry my first post was not clear

Well, icecold.....I believe we are here under a greater power and we are instructed to encourage our young ones to stand tall and act right. How are they to know better if we don't talk to them about it [the flag] and what it stands for. Do they know how/why the United States is what it is today. We cannot just overlook those who choose not to show respect to our country, we should talk with them and explain. Which is the reason for my post. I'm asking for help. Those who see others they know talking, on the cell phone, popping bubbles, etc......politely ask them to stop or if it's an adult bring it up in casual conversation. Mention your father, your best friends.........I bet they will get it and next time they'll show their respect. thumb

Well, icecold.....I believe we are here under a greater power and we are instructed to encourage our young ones to stand tall and act right.  How are they to know better if we don't talk to them about it [the flag] and what it stands for.  Do they know how/why the United States is what it is today.  We cannot just overlook those who choose not to show respect to our country, we should talk with them and explain.  Which is the reason for my post.  I'm asking for help.  Those who see others they know talking, on the cell phone, popping bubbles, etc......politely ask them to stop or if it's an adult bring it up in casual conversation.  Mention your father, your best friends.........I bet they will get it and next time they'll show their respect. thumb

825598896[/snapback]

Upon this post concerning music, I wholeheartedly agree PeabodyMom. When I was coaching and supervising at ballgames I made sure students acted respectfully during the anthem. Adults cannot be forced to participate respectfully but students at a school function are expected to behave accordingly.

Well, icecold.....I believe we are here under a greater power and we are instructed to encourage our young ones to stand tall and act right.  How are they to know better if we don't talk to them about it [the flag] and what it stands for.  Do they know how/why the United States is what it is today.  We cannot just overlook those who choose not to show respect to our country, we should talk with them and explain.  Which is the reason for my post.  I'm asking for help.  Those who see others they know talking, on the cell phone, popping bubbles, etc......politely ask them to stop or if it's an adult bring it up in casual conversation.  Mention your father, your best friends.........I bet they will get it and next time they'll show their respect. thumb

825598896[/snapback]

I guess you are right I am more of a carefree type of person and maye a little selfish I was always taught do what you are supposed to do because no one will look out for you like you, my point being kids need to be taught and I am all for teaching them, but sometimes adults can be stubborn, but you are right we can all be corrected, once again i apologize for the first post coming off the wrong way

I guess you are right I am more of a carefree type of person and maye a little selfish I was always taught do what you are supposed to do because no one will look out for you like you, my point being kids need to be taught and I am all for teaching them, but sometimes adults can be stubborn, but you are right we can all be corrected, once again i apologize for the first post coming off the wrong way

825598993[/snapback]

Not a problem, it brought awareness to this subject and that's what I was looking for.

One crowded day at the state tournament in Murphreesboro I overheard a small kid complaining to his dad that we had to stand at the entrance while the National Anthem was played. His answer and I thought a great one was "A lot of people have died so we can stand and honor this song". I think that preety well explains it.

My Personal opinion is if you can't stand with respect during the playing of the National Anthem you are not a true American and need to get the heck out of the country.