Coalfield vs. Oneida Again

jackets4ever

This is a rematch for the 4th time. The jackets have won them all. But it is Oneida and it is the Tournament. We all know how tough Oneida is in tourney play. I will be cheering for the jackets. Either way I will be cheering for both teams in the Sectionals I hope to see them both in the State. GL BOTH TEAMS SEE YA AT MTSU.

COALFIELD 56

ONEIDA 52

I wouldn't give a prediction to tonight's game because these two can both light up a scoreboard. As always, the better defensive team on this night will win this game. Coalfield has proved they can get after people, but Oneida is no slouch in that department either. There will still be plenty of fuel to win this game, as its looking like a tough trip to Unaka or Cloudland for the loser. That is both tough and tiring, but both clubs have the personnel to make the "road trip" successful. Should be a interesting set of events tonight, be there!

thumb Kaz thumb

My prediction: Dang, my crystal ball clouded up!! When I started the thread / poll on who I thought would win the REGION I picked Oneida--simply because of tradition.

To quote my favorite wrestler of all time, Ric Flair:

"TO BE THE MAN, YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

As for whom I want to see win tonight: I've got a tremondous amount of R-E-S-P-E-C-T for each program and everyone involved in those programs will tell you that. I truly hope, that no matter who wins or loses tonight, each team has the opportunity to experience the 'Boro this season.

Who do I think will win?? I thought Oneida to begin with, but... I've thought that 3 other times this season--LOL!! Let me flip my TENNESSEE quarter about 10 times and see:

Oneida: HEADS 5

Coalfield: TAILS (just like softball with the Coalfield boys) 5

TIE

So....GO BOTH TEAMS!! :)

Congratulations to Coalfield. It's very difficult to beat a team four times in a season when you're so evenly matched, but Coalfield did just that.

It's unfortunate for Oneida that the very area they are most improved in this year is what did them in tonight (free throws) in a game that, frankly, they should've been able to pull out. But some nights the ball just doesn't bounce your way, I reckon. Both substate games Saturday ought to be awesome games. I know the Coalfield/Unaka game will be a dandy down in southern Morgan County, and I am expecting Oneida to knock off the Lady 'Landers at Roan Mountain.

Now, a question to Greenback: After sitting through several nights of basketball at Greenback this week, I ask this - Is the clock equipment faulty, or is the guy operating it just that inept? I hate to speak ill of anybody, but he REALLY needs to be replaced. He doesn't have a clue!

AMEN Written Word on the clock keeper comment. That was absolutely one of the craziest things I have ever seen. This was a REGION CHAMPIONSHIP game and that happening was stupid to say the least. I would also like to comment on the officiating. But first, I by no means am saying the officiating altered the outcome of Coalfied winning. I must say though that these were (ALL GAMES THIS REGION) some of the worst officiated games as a whole I have ever attended. I thought that once you made it to region the officiating stepped up a little. Some of them need to keep their day jobs at Wamplers Sausage farm or wherever they say they hold down a job. Apparently Baldy didn't have a job because he was there calling games EVERYDAY ! You know there is gonna be trouble when the refs continually have to have a conference on the floor during time outs or dead balls to discuss whatever the conflict was......every other time.

I am glad you brought up the officiating, gymTOgym. I have already complained about officiating once this year so I didn't want to do it again. :rolleyes:

What I found interesting was that in both the Wartburg game on Wednesday and the Coalfield game last night, Oneida had more than twice as many fouls early in the fourth quarter. At that point, the officials "conferred" during a time out and the fouls evened up somewhat the rest of the way.

I don't think the officiating necessarily had an impact on the game's outcome, though.