WesCharge Trivia: District 7AA

ParisRiverRat

After hearing of the upsets of Jackson CO and Upperman last nite. I thought, "When was the last time that a district 7AA team wasn't in the region 4AA final?"

It has to have been quite a while back...anyone have a clue? I don know that David Lipsconb had some really good years in the 80s, but was there a counterpart that might have played in the region final with them?

District 7AA used to be district 8AA playing against teams like Scott High, Oliver Springs, Kingston, Rockwood, Harriman, & Wartburg, who composed District 7AA, just some 8 years ago.

The Jackson Counties, Yorks, Livingstons, etc have only been traveling west over the past 8 years. This is the 1st year of those 8 that I can recall anything like that happening--as unfortunate as it may be!!

1984. Man thats a long time to be making it to the regional. My hats off to them. Thats what I call a quality program. 7AA has a lot to be proud of. I don't think there will ever be a district that will have that kind of run in AA. Congratualtions to your girls. There are a lot of teams that would like to have half the success as teams from 7AA. I know you may not believe this but I'm being serious. Congratulations. I wish Gibson Co. had the same success in the state tournament as LA or JC. Made it several times and always CHOKE. Yes I am from 13AA, but I am just a fan of high school basketball and enjoy watching the game. Don't put me in the same group as some who post from 13AA because some the posters embaress me...

also, sounds like JC got ripped. Never heard of ejecting an entire student body. That's crazy.

Edited by gcfan2

also, sounds like JC got ripped.  Never heard of ejecting an entire student body.  That's crazy.

825599972[/snapback]

GOOD JOB, my little JC boys!!!...Get in their heads and stay there...ONE more year to do it at the SOFTBALL tourny!!!!!!!!!!...and YOU KNOW whose head we need to get into there!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD JOB, my little JC boys!!!...Get in their heads and stay there...ONE more year to do it at the SOFTBALL tourny!!!!!!!!!!...and YOU KNOW whose head we need to get into there!!!!!!!!!!!!

825600499[/snapback]

You should have seen it Queenie it was amazing. The cheering section got into the refs head so much that he turned and stared the crowd down, which is a no no. To think the only thing that was chanted was "Good Game Refs" JC cheering section tends to annoy to the utmost and im proud of them. 007 ring a bell for the softball season?? :lol:

It took alot of class for all 30 people to walk out of the gym and it just makes the ref look like a jerk. :o

Edited by bob77