Scrimmages

Old Blue

Its good to see that Central can pick on Bearden and West. Its a good thing Farragut wasn't there. Since they won't play us in the regular season, I guess we will have to wait for the regionals - if they make it that far. I heard they better improve on a lot of things or they won't be as good as they were last year.

Go Lady Admirals!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did JK pitch for Karns....?

825607166[/snapback]

Yes she did. She gave up the back to back hits to Jessie and Margaret, but held everything else in check. Lauren pitched the first game we played them (Powell Playday, 0-0 tie). But if the rubber had been at 40 feet, both teams would have scored something. Powell/Levi Park should really fix that or change to the other fields.

Its good to see that Central can pick on Bearden and West. Its a good thing Farragut wasn't there. Since they won't play us in the regular season, I guess we will have to wait for the regionals - if they make it that far. I heard they better improve on a lot of things or they won't be as good as they were last year.

Go Lady Admirals!

825607473[/snapback]

Don't have a dog in this fight, but just curious who has Farragut scrimmaged this year.

Bearden is a very good team with Sally, West showed everyone last year in the District tournament that they can play.

Have you DodgerSS ever wondered why people dosen't care for Farragut, just read some of the post people from Farragut puts on here. Who do you play summer ball with DodgerSS? Diamond Dodgers? Last year is last year but I believe Central sent Farragut home from Mississippi.

It's funny for somebody that is a bad ballplayer like you to talk trash to any school. From what I understand, neither coach called to schedule a game. Looking on Coacht, Central and Farragut both were in the top 10 in strength of schedule last year. I believe neither team is afraid to play anybody. Maybe you need to focus on your game more on the field and quit worrying about coacht.com.

Maryville looked young at times,but seemed solid when Lindsy .Brooke and the older girls were in the infield. Coach Hawkins moved a lot of girls around plus Becca and Allison were not there. WB has played four games so they looked pretty solid, they also had a some starters out. Talked with Coach Hawkins for a while and he said youth was the keyword, depends on who steps up.......

Maryville looked young at times,but seemed solid when Lindsy .Brooke and the older girls were in the infield. Coach Hawkins moved a lot of girls around plus Becca and Allison were not there. WB has played four games so they looked pretty solid, they also had a some starters out. Talked with Coach Hawkins for a while and he said youth was the keyword, depends on who steps up.......

825607745[/snapback]

Thanks for the information VTEC!

Edited by daisymae

Well, It's obvious the season is about to start. Our girls are excited and sometimes that boils over on this board as exuberant verbage. Hold it down girls. Channel it to the field and the bat.

There is a definite rivalry now between Farragut and Central. My guess is, that by the end of the year, the rivalry will be with someone else. Either because Farragut doen't make it or because Central doesn't make it. But right now, our girls were disappointed not to have Central on the scrimmage or regular season schedule. They want that bad taste out of the mouths since that was last game that counted.

Farragut has scrimmaged Clinton, Powell, Kingston, Carter, Morristown West, Karns (twice), and Halls. Farragut is 7-0-1 (tied Karns). We are supposed to scrimmage Sweetwater today, Gibbs tomorrow, Webb on Wednesday and have pool game at beech this weekend against Hendersonville, Davidson Academy and Walker Valley.

Central 5 Lawson/??? William Blount 6 Wall 7innings

Central has a couple of freshman that can run the bases..... Freshman pitchers looked pretty good, both teams made some errors that cost runs, nice rip Kandice, all in all pretty good ballgame for a scrimmage........

Edited by VTEC