Oakland @ Cleveland

MidTennFootball

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devin Boyd is a premier player who is going to

prep-school next year to get his senior year back.

After prep-school he will either be attending Southern Illinois

or The University of Cincinnati.

Kudos to all of the ohs players and good luck to boyd this

summer.

great game Oakland, you guys came up a just a little short. Congrats to my Raiders for making the state tournament for the first time since 1997(the year we won it), maybe history can repeat itself. Good Luck Cleveland!!

825608536[/snapback]

yeah i dont think there is much of a chance of history repeating itself..this team is nothing like that 1997 team that won it, they were hands down the best team in the state that year, this year(if the teams in the state tournament were seeded 1-8) i would probably give cleveland a 7 or 8 seed..now im not saying they are bad, but there are just some really good teams in there this year and i dont think anyone is getting by jackson north side

and another note about the game tonight, #43 for oakland gave little all he could handle, any time #43 got the ball down low he just killed little and took it straight up, little had no answer for him, i was really impressed with his play against charles..#43 and #34 and charles were easily the best players on the court

Where the heck do you get that about Boyd???

I am close to the situation, and know that Cincinnati has never been recruiting Devin... Not sure either how much Southern Illinois has shown interest either...

There is very little talk about Prep School, and much more talk about Juco, which would likely be the better fit for Devin... It is hard to get a full scholarship at a Prep School unless you've been offered by a number of Mid D-1's or a few High D-1's...

I love Devin's game, and he is a heck of a player, but that post seemed very off to me...

Its Hard to feel mad with the way Oakland played well tonight. They played hard and played well in a toug enviroment, cleveland was just one step better than us tonight. Have not seen a team all year that can move the ball/rotate the ball like cleveland can, a very unselfish team and those who follow cleveland should be very proud of the way they played tonight.

As much as I hate to lose, I hate this more for our seniors than anything else. After getting beat in the substate last year at home, they worked so hard to get back to this point and try to make it one step further. I am extremely proud of our seniors and they way they have carried themselves throughout their career at Oakland High School.

Its hard to ask Devin to do more than what he did tonight. If anyone should imply that he lost the game for Oakland tonight, then he/she is a fool, Devin did all he could to try to get Oakland the victory. Of all the players, I was extremely proud of Darian Martin, he played with so much heart and was a big reason for Oakland's early lead, wish we could have gone to him more in the 4th quarter, but you cant be too greedy, Oakland is going to have to need that kind of effort night in and night out from Darian if Oakland is to have any chance of duplicating their success in 2005-2006.

I also want to thank all the students, parents and alumni that showed up to the game tonight. Cleveland is no easy trip and there were a bunch of you guys tonight and you were loud, thanks for showing the guys that you really do care about them.

Also would like to thank the fine folks of Cleveland High School for having us. Although the game didnt end like I wanted to, it still does not diminish the fact that it was a great ballgame. CHS has something that they should be proud of and it was a great atmosphere for high school basketball tonight.

Hard to believe that Oakland's season has to come to an end once again at the substate level(3rd time in 4 years) But it was a heckuva ride all season. Seniors, not many teams are able to accomplish back to back substate appearances. While I know you hurt right now, down the road when you look back at what you guys i think you will be proud of what you did. In the 3 years that the class of 2005 was with, they amassedb 71 wins, back to back substate appearances, a region championship and runner up, a district championship(regular and postseason) and most importantly they led Oakland in such a way the whole Oakland community can be proud of. Chin up Seniors, you left an indelible mark on Oakland Basketball thumb