Oakland @ Cleveland

MidTennFootball

Lets get this thread underway. Been chompin at the bit to find out Oakland's next opponent and it appears it will be Cleaveland for a berth into the state tournament. Oakland's last state tourney berth was in 1996 when they made the state final 4. From an outsider's view, it appears that if you stop little, you stop Cleveland. I got one question for Cleveland folk though: How did you guys lose to coffee co? :lol:

Edited by OaklandGrad

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok lets try this again. Oakland plays at Cleveland for a right to go to the state tourney next week at MTSU. From an outsider's view it appears that if you stop Little you stop Cleveland. Look forward to making the trip to playing a program with so much tradition. 1 question for Cleveland fans though and this isnt a slam against the team: how in the world did you guys lose to coffee co?

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Mar 5 2005 - 12:01 AM']whats cleveland like? height of starting 5? are they deep?

825602714[/snapback]

no they aren't deep, You got Charles Little who is 6'6, Charles Jett is 6'4, Colby Dodd is 5'9, Alex Goldston is 6'1 and David Cartwright is around 6'-6'1. Best player off the bench is Ben McChesney, the kid can hit the 3.

no they aren't deep, You got Charles Little who is 6'6, Charles Jett is 6'4, Colby Dodd is 5'9, Alex Goldston is 6'1 and David Cartwright is around 6'-6'1. Best player off the bench is Ben McChesney, the kid can hit the 3.

825602741[/snapback]

ok. Oakland isnt deep either, so that will make this game that much more even. Oakland's starting 5 is 6'5(Post Darian Martin),6'4(Post Matt Joines),6'3(Wing AdareusDixon),6'3(Wing Devin Boyd), 6'1( Point Guard Chiasson Allen)

Coffee County beat Cleveland early in the year when they were playing their best.  Coffee County slowly got worse throughout the year for various reasons.  Personally, having played against both Cleveland and Oakland, I would have to give the upper hand to Oakland.  Good luck to both teams.

825602923[/snapback]

I think if Oakland uses the Kobe approach they will win Little might hit 49 again but I think Oakland has better guards so... Being a native of Chattanooga I hope Cleveland wins but I think Oakland might pull this one out