Obion Co.vs Austin East

rebfan65

YEAH- That's ONE!!!  Come on sing it with me, "Who Dat Who Dat Who Dat talking bout beating AE(Sure wasn't OC :D ) Who Dat!!"  No one thought you could win this game, LADIES way to play and say OC that you girls from EAST know how to BALL!!!

825612449[/snapback]

Considering this game took two overtimes to decide,I think both teams know how to BALL.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,I guess I can go all the way home Friday instead of stopping off in Murfreesboro before I get to Union City.Congrats to the Lady Rebels on a great season...Congrats to the Lady Roadrunners,you gals beat a very good team last night...Be proud of it..Maybe your community will come support you better from here on out...Heard you had about 10 fans in the stands....

Congrats to the ladies from Bolivar also....Good Luck to Westview and Chester County also....

Basically OC handed AE that game. OC could have put the away by 15-20 points but Suiter chose to bench too many players at once and put in freshman. Then the turnovers. I disagree with several of Boykins walks they called and their team was literally pushing them all over the court. That was OC's game to lose and they did. By the way, if they woulda pulled that one off with poor 3 point shooting and 27 turnovers, they woulda surely beat Bolivar again. OC I am afraid you lost a state tourney rematch with Westview.

Just a little reminder for your coach.  When you are ahead by one with 4 seconds to play and shooting free throws at the state tournament pull your rebounders back so they won't be tempted to foul trying to get a meaningless rebound.  thumb

825612833[/snapback]

He did just that last nite :lol:

That was Obion Central's game. They were the better team. Turnovers killed them and their coach refusing to go to a zone in the second half killed them. OC led for the first 3 1/2 quarters of the game and then when AE starting hurting them with the dribble penetration and took and evened the score up they should have went to a zone. AE's entire offense was predicated on dribble penetration and OC's girls weren't as quick as AE's extremely quick guards. OC should have went to a zone and they would have won that game. AE did what they need to do to win though. 22 hit some huge three pointers midway through the 4th quarter and then she stepped up and hit some big time FT's as well. Bolivar and AE will be a matchup of very similar teams, same style of game.

Basically OC handed AE that game. OC could have put the away by 15-20 points but Suiter chose to bench too many players at once and put in freshman. Then the turnovers. I disagree with several of Boykins walks they called and their team was literally pushing them all over the court. That was OC's game to lose and they did. By the way, if they woulda pulled that one off with poor 3 point shooting and 27 turnovers, they woulda surely beat Bolivar again. OC I am afraid you lost a state tourney rematch with Westview.

825612851[/snapback]

Bad coaching i assume. since everyone is blaming AE's coach for the loss against JC. And by OC's coach playing his freshman this was really a good matchup then huh? you have 2 bad coaches coaching against each other and two coaches playing their freshman but with an AE win I guess we can say AE has the best of the bad coaches and better freshman girl's. :blink:

Congrats Lady Roadrunners

--- the truth has been spoken :P

Simply put, Austin East out-played Obion Co. when it mattered most. Obion Co.'s style of defense wasn't an issue. Playing hard wasn't an issue. Whether travelling violations were real or not wasn't an issue. One team's freshmen being better than the other's wasn't an issue. Turnovers, allowing offensive rebounds at the end of regulation and in both overtimes, and poor free-throw shooting by OC was the difference. I'm taking nothing away from Austin East. They did what they had to do to win the game. We could talk about "if's" for a hundred years, but it doesn't change the fact that last night, Austin East was the better team when it counted. If we played again, I would expect it to go down to the wire again. This was a great game played by two great teams who both proved worthy of being in the State Tournament.

Lady Rebels, we're proud of you. Be proud of what you accomplished this year, but remember the feeling and build on it for next year. Let's make an early March trip to Murfreesboro a yearly thing.

Lady Roadrunners, congratulations, and keep playing hard and maybe we'll meet again in the future. Remember, not all Obion Co. fans were on here talking smack before the game. Most of us can win with class and lose with class.

GO LADY REBS!!!

and especially now.....

Go Lady Chargers!!

Edited by PowerSet