Sullivan Central - 1093

Raleigh Egypt ---- 1044

David Lipscomb - 927

Haywood --------- 914

Bolivar ------------ 906

Austin-East ------- 781

MLK --------------- 630

Humboldt --------- 440

Those are some huge differences in the number of kids per school from top to bottom. Five of the these teams have twice as many kids as Humboldt. We also had to play Lexington (850 kids) in Region and Giles Co (909 kids) in Substate. Would it be better to have an extra classification to keep the school sizes a little closer? Or not? I'm sure somebody has thought of this before, but I've never seen it discussed on here. All comments and opinions appreciated.

I am not sure where the David Lipscomb number comes from, but each class freshman to senior have 125 kids. Doing the math means that at DLHS we have 500 students. The 927 includes K through 12.

But next year we get applied a 1.8 multiplier to our school therefore it would seem that instead of playing 5 on 5, we should be playing 9 on 5.

Trust me DLHS is small!

btown,

I hope so too. We're happy to make it as far as we have, but not satistfied.

Mustang Maniac,

I got the 927 off of this website, so it may or may not be correct, but I figured it would be.

825613283[/snapback]

Yes, I beleive the 927# at Lipscomb is for kindergarden through 12th. 9-12 is more like 500 give or take.

in football we have 5 claasifications.i think it be good to have at least 4 classifications. its really weird to have two towns like union city and humboldt becoming single A next year with a walmart in town.especially union city. i remember one year halls went AA in football and it seemed to take forver for union cities band to come on to the field.we have a pretty decent size school is single A but mostly been single A mostly. i think we have about 361 students.im not sure if theres been more ten three classifications in basketball in the state.might be a good idea.