red bank......overated?

chunkit42

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I don't know of any power that Soddy has besides Vaughn and maybe Dobbs. I think Geren at Red Bank has more power than anyone on that team even though he's not the biggest guy out there.

Red Bank is not overrated. I know I've said that on here, but I was only referring to the one poster who kept on and kept on about them. I personally think them and Ooltewah will sweep Brainerd, Central, and Soddy, and the championship will come down to their series. Even with that said, Soddy could sneak up on either of them. Not as strong as years past, but Coach Garland could pitch just the right guy to shut down the Owls or Lions.

I think Red Bank has a good core of players - Cofer, Fabry, Henry, Geren, Miller - who can win a bunch of games during the season. I just don't think they have the pitching depth to go deep into the postseason. But you never know...this is the hardest to predict district in the area year after year.

I know I'm biased towards Ooltewah, but I honestly try to look at it objectively. If Ooltewah plays like they can, they'll go 8-0 in district play. Key for the Owls is consistent pitching. The lineup will score runs if the pitching will just throw strikes!

i think they deserve it... balance within the lineup of solid hitters with some speed in certain players (fabry for example), lots of veteran players that have lots of experience at the varsity level... geren will be catching his 3rd year, fabry and cofer are excellent 4-yr starters... take it how you want, they will be good...

i think they deserve it... balance within the lineup of solid hitters with some speed in certain players (fabry for example), lots of veteran players that have lots of experience at the varsity level... geren will be catching his 3rd year, fabry and cofer are excellent 4-yr starters... take it how you want, they will be good...

825613136[/snapback]

I'm glad you guys are seeing the light. This year's Red Bank team is something special. Ever since the current seniors (Fabry, Cofer, Park, etc.) were freshmen, everyone knew this would be the Lions year. Only one starter graduated last year, so the lineup isn't changed much. Plus there's more depth than most local teams. This year's crop of freshmen, along with some sophs who played last year can step in and the team won't miss a beat. Good contact hitters up and down the lineup. Look for Red Bank to put the ball in play constantly this year.

As for pitching, don't forget Cofer. If needed, he can always return to the mound during important games and tournaments, and if that happens, it's lights out. You guys and the local paper can hype Ooltewah and the others all day, and they're not bad. But as I've said since the beginning, Red Bank has the best chance of going all the way this year.

I'm glad you guys are seeing the light.  This year's Red Bank team is something special.  Ever since the current seniors (Fabry, Cofer, Park, etc.) were freshmen, everyone knew this would be the Lions year.  Only one starter graduated last year, so the lineup isn't changed much.  Plus there's more depth than most local teams.  This year's crop of freshmen, along with some sophs who played last year can step in and the team won't miss a beat.    Good contact hitters up and down the lineup.  Look for Red Bank to put the ball in play constantly this year.

As for pitching, don't forget Cofer.  If needed, he can always return to the mound during important games and tournaments, and if that happens, it's lights out.  You guys and the local paper can hype Ooltewah and the others all day, and they're not bad.  But as I've said since the beginning, Red Bank has the best chance of going all the way this year.

825613187[/snapback]

Haha, cofer lights out? Them how come he doesn't pitch in the everyday rotation?

First off, I don't know of any power that Soddy has besides Vaughn and maybe Dobbs.  I think Geren at Red Bank has more power than anyone on that team even though he's not the biggest guy out there.

825613135[/snapback]

Everyone keeps forgetting about Matt Hicks. Led SD in average last year and can hit the long ball.

Edited by Ultimatefan

Haha, cofer lights out?  Them how come he doesn't pitch in the everyday rotation?

825613200[/snapback]

He would rather play shortstop. But he will pitch if the team needs him. I'd say in case there's an unexpected injury or two, you could see Cofer on the hill in some situations. I wouldn't be surprised to see him save a championship game or two this year.