Oakland v. Dyersburg

MidTennFootball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to the Lady Trojans of Dyersburg.  Not only a very athletic group of girls, but an exceptionally bright group, too.  The five seniors  have been recognized as TSSAA All Academic award winners!  You can't ask for much more that than.... maybe a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP?????? This group of Dyersburg girls are special and have a huge following of fans.

825614232[/snapback]

only other meeting bewteen these 2 teams was in the state quarters in 2001 i believe, which set oakland's path on the way to a state runner up. Like every other team, Dyersburg is going to have problems with Oakland's post players, Riddle and Asberry. Riddle and Asberry combined for 26 points and 19 rebounds tonight against a team that is less than a week removed from beating Mt. Juliet. Given that Oakland has answered challenge after challenge as the season gone on and that these seniors continue to win, im going with the Lady Pats(no suprise there) thumb

this should be a interesting match up...both teams have a different style of play and both are well coached...

this will be a challenge for dyersburg..

good luck lady trojans...keep playing as a TEAM

825614327[/snapback]

what does dyersburg like to on offense and defense? how deep are they? where does the majority of their scoring come from?

As for Oakland, the Lady Pats like to push it up the floor every chance they get. They are led by PG Tabitha Almader, who only averages about 7-9 ppg, but provides great defense and awesome leadership. A lot of times, their offense feeds of their defense as the Lady Pats have only given up 50 points or more in only 4 games. Big key for dyersburg will be trying to keep Sarah Riddle(6'5) off the boards, she has owned the rebound category the last 2 games with a total of 26 rebounds. Should be a great one, i know im looking forward to it

dyersburg is a good team from what i saw last night.  Too close to call but I would love to see My MJ Lady Bears in the final game with Oakland.  I want to know where was Oakland's crowd last night?  Hometown team can't draw a crowd thats sad, shame on the Boro!!!!!! :o

825614458[/snapback]

There were a lot more fans at the game than you could imagine. Just because they are not all sitting in the STUDENT SECTION doesn't meant they were not there! All us BORO people know about how your fans like to throw water... Maybe some of them could not find their RAIN COATS!!!! You just worry about your team and not our fans... but then agian... you are out right!!! :o By the way... nice post on YOUR team. Real fans always dog their own players!

There were a lot more fans at the game than you could imagine.  Just because they are not all sitting in the STUDENT SECTION doesn't meant they were not there!  All us BORO people know about how your fans like to throw water... Maybe some of them could not find their RAIN COATS!!!!  You just worry about your team and not our fans... but then agian...  you are out right!!!  :o  By the way... nice post on YOUR team.  Real fans always dog their own players!

825614465[/snapback]

Jumpman, I am a MJ fan and no our team plays tonite at 7:00 duh! And you have to be crazy if you think you had a crowd even with all the people from Central Murphy Center was only half full. :o

Oakland fans, you better come out in full force tonight because Dyersburg had a HUGE following there last night and they were deafening. The Oakland- Wilson Central game was "quiet" compared to the Dyersburg-Greeneville game. Friday night in the 'Boro, Girls in the Final Four, I hope you have a big crowd there since the game is less than five miles from your school. If you don't, it will be an embarrassment.

I am going with Dyersburg in this matchup. They have the size and athleticism to matchup with Asberry and Riddle. The Trojans guards can also match Oakland's quickness as well and they are a much deeper team than Oakland. All this being said I believe Oakland has the coaching edge.

Dyersburg by 5.

WOW!!! Let me start by saying that DOE DOE... your name is FITTING!!!!!!!!!!! That has to be the most god awful sentence I have ever read. I will assume you are a freshman and have skipped English all year if not, I need not say anymore! Because you just made a fool of yourself. Now TOO Easy... Let me start by saying that your girls were weak last night and lucky to pull out of the game last night. Most importantly.... since when do fans win games? I don't think they have earned one point or caused one turnover all year because of your mouth or any other for that matter. You may have more depth, but You might need it. OHS girls know we are there and we do not doubt them for a second. If you want to know how loud and proud we are, find me I will save YOU a seat right beside me!

Go Lady Patriots!!!!

Edited by jumpmannc