Oakland v. Dyersburg

MidTennFootball

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg Won by 3!!!!! :rolleyes:  Go Dyersburg against Mt. Juliet. We have got this wrapped up! Go Dyersburg in your search for the gold ball. ;)

825615453[/snapback]

Youve got it wrapped up?

Don't get cocky now. Dyersburg is a great team thats a nice cinderella story, but Mt. Juliet is not Oakland or Greeneville, as tough as those teams are.

If you can manage to contain Clark (MUCH easier said than done), you got a chance.

I was at the game and all I can say is that it didn't seem like either team wanted to win the way they were playing down the stretch. Missed FTs, TOs, sloppy play. But you have to give Oakland some credit (nothing against Dyersburg) but when you shoot 25% from the floor for the game and miss the front end of 2 one and ones in the final minute down one you can't expect too many good things to happen but about 4 inches to the left and they would have forced overtime. It was good to see a game that wasn't a double-digit blowout. That was all the night session was tonight. And from what I saw in the 2 semi games. Mount Juliet will win by atleast 25 if Dyersburg plays like they did against Oakland.

Edited by osbymartin

What a contrast! I try to stay awake while watching Mt. Juliet sleepwalk through a 30 point blowout of Powell and then BANG, I witness an outstanding game put on by Oakland and Dyersburg.

I have to agree with OsbyMartin. Both teams were sloppy and largely ineffective. What they lacked in execution, however, they more than made up for in aggressiveness! This was one hard fought game!

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Oakland girl's basketball, I must admit I was iimpressed by their hard play and will to win. They attacked the boards with a passion and played in your face defense. Oh, but for the little things. Against Wilson Central on Thursday night, Oakland missed several freethrows down the stretch to allow Central to stay in the game. They were fortunate to hang on. Tonight, however, 2 missed front ends of one and ones and a late game missed layup could not be overcome.

My heart goes out for Tabitha Almater tonight. What a great player she is. Just like Kellie Gassie of Wilson Central finished her career with an offnight and 2 points, Almater also finishes her career with a disappointing 2 points. People in Wilson County will remember Gassie for her great play for the last 4 years. I hope the people of Rutherford County do the same.

I am not one of those that believes MJ has a cakewalk tomorrow night. I have to believe Dyersburg will be sharper tomorrow night and they might just have the size to contain Clark and McFarlin. Their quickness could also create come real problems for MJ on the perimeter. I think MJ will win, but I think it could be interesting.

Edited by devildog

hahahaahah....doe doe.........looks like jumpmanc OWNS you!! BAMMMMMMMMM

Better watch out for his boy< MSK.......... you will be SERVED when he delivers the TKO!!

I am not worried about the fans.......just worried about the TEAM. After all I don't think the fans earn a RING do they?

825615094[/snapback]

Own me? I think not! Maybe you two can get together tomorrow night for a game of scramble and watch Tv like all those Oakland fans did AGAIN tonight? Sorry for your loss, your team played a good game. GO LADY BEARS!!!! I just made a remark you did not like so don't hate me. WE can't all be perfect!!!!!

Not to degrade the good player that Tabatha is, I have to recognize the senior girls on Oakland such as Riddle, Ashley, Hilary, Salliea, LaNae, Alicia, and Kressie, for these girls have worked hard day in day out for four long years. Always remeber that " Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." You girls have experienced failure from teamates being removed to injuries, but still you kept your enthusiam. You worked hard and have nothing to be ashamed of. Lastly, take something away from this exprience at state. Remeber the feeling of having your school and your town behind you. Remeber the feeling of having your teammates care about you such as family. Keep your head up.