mt juliet vs. powell

enigma

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ did beat Powell in the Greenville Christmas Tourney, but as everyone knows the teams have improved since then. I think this will be a great game that will maybe come down to the wire. MJ will pull it out in the end with Clark getting her 2nd double-double of the tourney and with MacFarlin playing another wonderful game.

MJ beat Powell in Greeneville by hitting the outside shot, and they were able to put a lot of pressure on Powell's guards.

If MJ can hit the outside shot like they did at Christmas, than Powell is in for a long evening. Powell beat Jefferson County Saturday mainly because they forced JC to shoot from outside, and JC couldn't hit them until it was almost over. Sounds like some of the same happened to Jackson yesterday.

They match up well inside, so I think perimeter play will decide this one.

Should be a great game.

As you might expect im one of the biggest powell fans you will find on this board. I have to say that the edge must go to Mt. Juliet in this one because of the way they have played as well as the fact that they already hold a victory over the panthers. Now if im correct, the same team that defeated Mt. Juliet in their region championship is the same team that powell handled pretty easily earlier in the season so with respect to Lee Corso i will say,"Not so fast my friend. This one's gonna be closer then the experts think."

yes we know that macfarlin and clark are devastating to any defense, the key to this game is gettin the ball to them down low, if powell hesitates or flinches, the two posts down low will have already started running down court after a easy lay up, fryer has the gurls where him needs them to be, mj gets tougher every game, the wilson central loss has done nothing but help mj, if the inside game is blocked, the outside shooters will need to step it up, when they deliver, powell needs to warm up the bus...go mj bears

yes we know that macfarlin and clark are devastating to any defense, the key to this game is gettin the ball to them down low, if powell hesitates or flinches, the two posts down low will have already started running down court after a easy lay up, fryer has the gurls where him needs them to be, mj gets tougher every game, the wilson central loss has done nothing but help mj, if the inside game is blocked, the outside shooters will need to step it up, when they deliver, powell needs to warm up the bus...go mj bears

825614824[/snapback]

GOOD post died4byhim! Are you going to be at the game tonight?

As you might expect im one of the biggest powell fans you will find on this board. I have to say that the edge must go to Mt. Juliet in this one because of the way they have played as well as the fact that they already hold a victory over the panthers. Now if im correct, the same team that defeated Mt. Juliet in their region championship is the same team that powell handled pretty easily earlier in the season so with respect to Lee Corso i will say,"Not so fast my friend. This one's gonna be closer then the experts think."

825614803[/snapback]

What? It was split both times and the loser was not at full strength. I do not understand how you could make an assumption of being close with Mt. Juliet by that.

Edited by Wilson Central Dogg