Standouts

AStennis22

Ehh. Optimist.. Been hearing a lot about my performance at that race. :rolleyes:

1. Ran the 4x800 before

2. Not that strong this year

3. Quads were bothering me pretty badly

4. Lost concentration

5. Had 2 events left to do, 200 and 4x400

To make it short I just a had a crappy race! :rolleyes:

Edited by runnerboy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe u should just look in elizabethton

825642627[/snapback]

I could, but I'd still rather be looking in Nashville. Just incase you guys missed it, GJ Hudgens of CPA ran 1:52.41 at the Great Eight Invite today.

Results - http://vucommodores.com/greateight/2005Gre...-2005-04-21.asp

Like I said, A/AA 800m competition is lurking in Nashville.... although I guess it isn't really lurking anymore.

the distance (800 and up) seemed to be the better races at the great 8. there were 3 or 4 boys that were faster than the previous meet records in the 800, 1600 and 3200. excellent competition and fun to watch all 3 classes (Div 2, AAA and A-AA) go at it. the girls also broke meet records in the 800 and 1600.

hopefully you e-town guys, michael, and everyone will have better luck today.

I learned a good lesson that it's not always wise to only put one fast 2-mile race on your schedule before sectionals/state. About everything that could go wrong went wrong. They called off the two-mile last night when torrential rains started nailing the track and said we had to be back at 7:30 AM the following morning, and we hadn't made reservations or planned on staying the night living only 2 hours away. Then, the weather goes cold and the wind picks up like crazy this morning, and lane 1 had to be the only lane that had standing water and puddles. Nevertheless, we were all looking forward to a fast race, but 200m into the race my shoe gets stepped on at exactly the wrong time and "there she goes" (starting on the outside didn't help). Talk about no fun---running uneven in the cool weather and bad wind and puddles with one shoe on, one shoe off is officially no fun and painful. I couldn't get my other shoe off so decided to live with it and just stink it up and run the race. Unfortunately, nobody was willing to take it out in the low 4:40's like I hoped, but thankfully Stephen Hill took over and did the work for the rest of us through a 4:48 first mile. I tucked in and stayed in 2nd on Stephen's shoulder for the first 7 laps but got passed by a few guys on the last lap. I'll take the blame for losing some of my concentration and only thinking "foot, foot, balance, sore, blister, etc." as I let myself forget to push it like I should have. I finished with way too much left in the tank and really feel like my one big race of the season was a waste. I should have pushed the middle laps but was tentative to take the lead in the bad conditions and my heel was killing me (must be a heel striker ). The pace and tactics were just too slow for a good time like sub 9:30 and the wind and wetness didn't help. Heck, I built my whole season schedule around this race like many others did and it just kinda stinks after training so much for this race looking to run a big PR. Oh well, it's a good story for the future. Patience is a virtue and "what if's" are useless.

Maybe next year's VTC will be blessed with real late April weather. Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to hear about how you all did. I think Josh Jaynes might break out in the mile today... :D

Man. Your shoe coming off and the race being changed to today really stinks. Sorry it didn't work out like you wanted. Yea, the weather wasn't to great for our race either. I was freezing and the wind was umm mild. I didn't warm up enough considering the conditions and it may of caused me a second or two. I ended up running 1:58 low and was really dissapointed. Hopefully next week will be better for me. Gohl, the 400 was just blazing. It will be a very interesting race at state but it looks like Webb has it secured for right now. Props to Zach Moss for running an awesome 1600. He's a guy to watch. Great job to everyone else that competed.

Man. Your shoe coming off and the race being changed to today really stinks. Sorry it didn't work out like you wanted. Yea, the weather wasn't to great for our race either. I was freezing and the wind was umm mild. I didn't warm up enough considering the conditions and it may of caused me a second or two. I ended up running 1:58 low and was really dissapointed. Hopefully next week will be better for me. Gohl, the 400 was just blazing. It will be a very interesting race at state but it looks like Webb has it secured for right now. Props to Zach Moss for running an awesome 1600. He's a guy to watch. Great  job to everyone else that competed.

825655534[/snapback]

You ran a pretty good race Micheal. I think you got stuck a little too far back to begin with, but you had a pretty nice kick, but I could tell the cold was getting to all you guys. Did you want to go with the guys in front or try to hang back? I think if you got a haircut you'd hit 1:56's easy.... haha. Just kidding man. Nice race.

The 400m was a doozie ehh? Webb got Simeon back. Now he's got some work to do in another event.... :justwrestle: :o

Edited by BHSfootball

Thanks man.Um, I really didn't have a race plan. I def. didn't start out as fast as I wanted to though. I've been thinking about the whole hair-cut thing but it's a big part of my personality. I might bust out some braids at state. Haha.

That other event better be something like the 4x200. :justwrestle: