Will Tyler Smith go to UT now?

Gerry Bertier

I don't know if Kinnard from Raleigh has signed yet, but if The UAB coah leaves, will that effect his decision any?

And if your gonna name a successful period for Austin Peay, I would definitely mention the "Fly" Williams era over the Trenton Hassel era.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much does it cost for a kid to stay right where he is?  UT didn't start their program with a bigger budget..........they earned it.  I get your point.  UT is in the one percent of all college athletic departments who do are self sufficient and don't receive state funding.  Now that we've come full circle...........tell me again why Tyler Smith shouldn't attend the University of Tennessee?

825625864[/snapback]

So he can play for a winning program, all that mens program in Knoxville is good for is a coach's grave yard. :P

So he can play for a winning program, all that mens program in Knoxville is good for is a coach's grave yard. :)

825626406[/snapback]

And I have just established that no other college program in the state has more wins than UT and only 2 with 25 years in DI have a winning percentage that is better.........Memphis by 4 percentage points and TSU by 7. They have the largest operating budget in the state and the best facilities. That's why Tyler Smith will go to UT if he stays in state. If he goes to UNC or Kentucky, more power to him. They are #1 and #2 nationally in wins. Of course he won't be 'the guy' at those schools.

tennessee next coach will be bobby knight. put money on it.

825626529[/snapback]

Better not spend that money too quickly, because Bobby Knight is NOT coming to knoxville. He is only posturing himself to get a better deal for himself, and his son at Texas Tech. The UT AD is smart enough to know that he wouldnt be able to control Bobby Knight, and Bobby Knight is not going to any school where he would be the 3rd of 4th biggest sport on campus. His ego wouldnt ever allow that. People at UT arent going to go to games to see the coach. They want to see an exciting team play...therefore I think the UAB coach would be a better fit....they are exciting to watch, and they play hard the entire game.

And I have just established that no other college program in the state has more wins than UT and only 2 with 25 years in DI have a winning percentage that is better.........Memphis by 4 percentage points and TSU by 7.  They have the largest operating budget in the state and the best facilities.  That's why Tyler Smith will go to UT if he stays in state.  If he goes to UNC or Kentucky, more power to him.  They are #1 and #2 nationally in wins.  Of course he won't be 'the guy' at those schools.

825626869[/snapback]

Tyler Smith will not be going to Kentucky...he has already signed with Tennessee....and the only way he could go to Kentucky is for Tennessee to release him, and what do you think the chances of that happening?...I'll give you two guesses, and one of them wont count.....NONE!

Ron Mercer went to school, although it wasn't for very long.  Sebastian Telfair should have gone to Louisville this past year.  He is playing for the lowly Portland Trail Blazers right now and not having near the success he would have enjoyed at UL.

825617557[/snapback]

Telfair may not be enjoying winning like he has in the past, but i bet he is enjoying the millions that he made by turning pro. I dont blame him at all. He is set for life if he doesnt blow his money

Tyler Smith will not be going to Kentucky...he has already signed with Tennessee....and the only way he could go to Kentucky is for Tennessee to release him, and what do you think the chances of that happening?...I'll give you two guesses, and one of them wont count.....NONE!

825627015[/snapback]

Actually I think there would be a good chance cause if they don't this could be a big backlash against their program something they don't need. It willlshow recruits if their is any chance the coach will leave at the end of the year not to sign with them cause they will hold you captive. Plus why would UT want a player who no longer wanted to be there? They need a fresh start and if Smith does decide to leave they need to grant him is release.

Telfair made the wrong decision and if he would have went to college could of developed into a great player and the millions would still be there. Also going to college and getting a quality education is something you can't put a price tag on.

Edited by Gerry Bertier