Will Tyler Smith go to UT now?

Gerry Bertier

First off i think Knight would be the best man for the job but however i dont believe he will come to Tennessee. The next best candidate i believe is Coach Mike Anderson from UAB. Where most of the other coaches have battled it out at mid-major conferences, Anderson has more than held his own in Conference USA with Louisville, Memphis, etc. Anderson is also a young coach and if proven could be a long term coach for the Vols. I believe he is still in his 30's so that gives him (if proven) a good 25 years as a Volunteer coach.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the comments about winning games all of those schools have been established longer than Memphis also.  For example Tennessee has been here since 1793 and vandy has been here since 1893.Now i don't know when these schools began playing basketball but Memphis has only been here since 1912, not even a hundred years,but anyways win from 40 or 50 years really don't matter today and the fact is today in the past 25 to 30 years Memphis has more wins and tradition and that is all that really matters.

825629514[/snapback]

Basketball wasn't around in 1793 so there is no point in bringing that up. It is not like they are counting wins from then. nasketball came around in 1891. So there is no revelance there.

Back to the comments about winning games all of those schools have been established longer than Memphis also.  For example Tennessee has been here since 1793 and vandy has been here since 1893.Now i don't know when these schools began playing basketball but Memphis has only been here since 1912, not even a hundred years,but anyways win from 40 or 50 years really don't matter today and the fact is today in the past 25 to 30 years Memphis has more wins and tradition and that is all that really matters.

825629514[/snapback]

man where was you at in grade 8 history? tennessee became a state in 1796 brother. they don't teach that stuff in memphis?

Another great move for the future of UTK basketball...NOT!!! What a joke. The guy takes his team to the Sweet 16 one day and TN is hiring him to bring their basketball program back from the grave. Pearl will not be any better than Peterson. TN should have learned that because a coach can lead a Mid-Major D1 school to the NCAA tourney doesn't mean that they can take a High Major school to the same tourney...look at the competition. If I was Tyler Smith I would be working on the paperwork to go somewhere else. TN will be at the bottome of the SEC next year and in the years to come.

Do you do any research before posting such nonsense? Bruce Pearl has been a head coach for 15 years-albeit at Division II and mid-level Division I. In that time Pearl has a 80% victory percentage. That is no smalll feat at any level of play. Pearl has never had a losing record in any season in his 15 years. Pearl is 271-67 over 15 years as a head coach. He's no flash in the pan. He also led his Div.II team to national title game twice and won it once. Every team he has inherited has improved. He also was the coach that Ernie Grunfeld endorsed for the UT job. I think he may know a little more basketball than you. Tyler will be at UT along with Jamont and things are definitely on the rise!

man where was you at in grade 8 history? tennessee became a state in 1796 brother. they don't teach that stuff in memphis?

825630359[/snapback]

The University of Tennessee was founded in 1794 as Blount College.

Yes, that's before the state was founded.

Pearl is the new head coach. Excellent choice to revitalize a program with loads of potential.

The University of Tennessee was founded in 1794 as Blount College.

Yes, that's before the state was founded.

Pearl is the new head coach.  Excellent choice to revitalize a program with loads of potential.

825631987[/snapback]

As long as Crump is gone, we can have loads of potential. He just held UT back.

Go back and look at my post again before you post such nonsense. I stated that TN did not learn anything from the Buzz Peterson experience. Buzz too was an awesome coach at a lower level, but he was a complete flop at UTK. My question is...Why did UAB's coach withdraw his name? You know the money was more than he was making now and it was the chance of a lifetime to coach at an athletic minded school. UTK will be at the low end of the SEC for years to come. Look at the recruiting class that KY, MS State, & Georgia has coming in next year...TN has Tyler Smith & the big kid from Hickman County. TN better have a coach that can take an average bunch of guys and make them play team ball. It looked as though Pearl was able to do that in the NCAA tourney. Only time will tell if he can make it happen...if not, then there will be another coach in UTK.