Wilson County Invitational

baseballfan1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go White House! I talked to a coach who said that just this weekend, ya'll are coming together as a team. Great job!

On another note, I was at White House this weekend for the Middle School tournament. Thanks for the great accommodations(?)... The field looks great, the grounds crew was impressively efficient, and those chicken sandwiches were wonderful! (Truth be told, the cheeseburgers were great too....)

One thing, though: could you make it a little warmer next time?

Just because White House won this tournament doesnt mean jack. They have to prove how good they are when district games roll around. All of these tournaments are just warm-ups to get ready for district battle. Gallatin won this tourney last year and had a bunch of hype going on about how good they were and looked where they finished in 9AAA. In the big 8 spot. Celebrate the wins on Sunday, but White House better get back to work on Monday because they still havent proved a thing.

Just because White House won this tournament doesnt mean jack. They have to prove how good they are when district games roll around. All of these tournaments are just warm-ups to get ready for district battle. Gallatin won this tourney last year and had a bunch of hype going on about how good they were and looked where they finished in 9AAA. In the big 8 spot. Celebrate the wins on Sunday, but White House better get back to work on Monday because they still havent proved a thing.

825625568[/snapback]

Actually UThater501, White House proved that if you serve a fastball about 82 mph on a platter that Sullins can hit it as far as Pickett. Also, they proved that if the game is close, the other team will have a tough time vs. their closer. He threw as hard as I have seen this year. White House should celebrate. They won a tournament. I have great respect for their players and coaches. We (Gallatin) did win this tournament last year and wanted to win it again this year. We just came up a little short. I really dont remember anyone from Gallatin last year running their mouth though with exception of one and he eventually stopped. The "big 8 spot"seemed awful little to us. Finishing 1st or 8th in District 9aaa really doesnt mean a whole lot for the regular season. Sure it is nice to host the tournament and be seeded #1, but it is not like the team in the 8 spot is a pushover. As far as I am concerned White House got a raw deal last year by finishing 1st and not getting an automatic spot in the region. The way our rules are set what does it matter where you finish in the regular season. I know where you are coming from by saying you havent proved anything but you did win a tournament. The "big 8 spot" stings a little though.