WHERE DO YOU SEE BASEBALL SCOUTS

Baseball Nutski

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occasionally at a high school game, (you have to consider their schedules) they are extremely buisy. They will come in the summer to see next year's seniors, and follow them the in 06. Maybe try and get a guy they feel that got overlooked. But they will be their mostly at the begging of summer

You see pro scouts more at high school games. They are prepping for the June draft.

You see more college coaches at summer league showcase tourneys. They can't get to many high school games because their season is going on at the same time the high school season takes place. They can't be two places at once.

Everyone of you are correct. It all depends on who they're looking at. If it's someone they are serious enough in, a college coach will get someone down to look at him(even if he can't personally come). Also, coaches talk. Some coaches know if a kid is out of their league OR not in their league. They will then talk to other coaches who may be interested. You'd be surprised at what coaches know!

All of the above.

825620349[/snapback]

q

Let me clarify the question. Where do you see them most frequently? I have seen more in summer ball. Showcases are the main hangout, but I see them at most tournaments and they usually have someone in particular that they are looking at and often see someone else that they become interested in.

Some are for summer ball traveling teams and others say play for your school summer team that only plays a few tournys. What do you do with your kid?

q

Let me clarify the question. Where do you see them most frequently? I have seen more in summer ball. Showcases are the main hangout, but I see them at most tournaments and they usually have someone in particular that they are looking at and often see someone else that they become interested in.

Some are for summer ball traveling teams and others say play for your school summer team that only plays a few tournys. What do you do with your kid?

825620580[/snapback]

That is what I'm trying to find out. My kid is descent and has been playing on a summer team, not a school team. NOW his coach says he has to play with the school team this summer, but they only played, like 3 tournaments last summer. His summer team played around 40-45 games and had kids from different schools, which I think is better. He was 15 last year, but there were some scouts around at some of the tournys, especially in Memphis, and we are from East Tennessee. I'll not get into what team or what school because of causing him problems, but I'm looking for some insights as to how to approach the coach. I"M IN A PICKLE! Coach wants the school team together but I think that may not be the best for him long term. HELP!!!

Is kind of a sticky situation you got there. Well in my opinion the coach is right in wanting the TEAM to stick together. I think he should play for the school....If he is good enough then the scouts will find him. He doesn't have to be a "superstar" for the scouts to come and look...Yes he has to be good but if he is good enough then they will find him. So let him play for the school and improve the school TEAM

You have to understand that it is not a coach's job to make sure his players play college ball. His job is to make sure his team wins games. He wants this player with him because it is what is best for the high school team. If he is good enough to play in college he will be found out, and if the high school only plays 3 tournaments why can't he play on both teams?

That is what I'm trying to find out. My kid is descent and has been playing on a summer team, not a school team. NOW his coach says he has to play with the school team this summer, but they only played, like 3 tournaments last summer. His summer team played around 40-45 games and had kids from different schools, which I think is better. He was 15 last year, but there were some scouts around at some of the tournys, especially in Memphis, and we are from East Tennessee. I'll not get into what team or what school because of causing him problems, but I'm looking for some insights as to how to approach the coach. I"M IN A PICKLE!  Coach wants the school team together but I think that may not be the best for him long term. HELP!!!

825620590[/snapback]

May I ask what area of East TN. you are from?