Tennis

lilmann4

I'll have to agree with that. He is a nice player but benefitted from a weak region and an easy part of the bracket in the state tournament. He has a good game for someone at A/AA level but A/AA has fallen so fast in the past few years that it isn't even funny. Good luck to him this season, but he came at a time when A/AA is at its weakest.

For girl's, it is someone who doesn't even play tennis anymore. Stephanie Evans of FRA was a freshman last year and went undefeated to win the state title. But she is not playing this year because she travels across the southeast to play in different tournaments. It was too easy for her so she won't even play. I'm going to ramble, but i think she is making a mistake. If she played all 4 years, she could become immortal for girls's tennis. Undefeated with 4 state titles in her career, that would be amazing.

lol when i started to read your comment I thought you were trying to say she quit tennis all together.

It probably is a smart move for her, although 4 state titles would be nice it wont benefit her as much in college as will travelling and playing USTA tourneys...high school tennis is plain boring to most competitive players...our team gave up 6 games as a team the other day to one of the better teams in our district...some people make the choice to practice and just playe tournaments on the weekends rather than take practice time away to play boring high school matches. Her not playing wont have an effect on getting a scholarship so there really is no reason for her to play

There should not be separate divisions (A-AA, AAA) for singles play in the State tournament. Tennis is an individual sport in singles play. There is no division breakdown for wrestling at the state tournament. There should be one singles tourny with an expanded draw for singles. Having a A-AA, and a AAA singles tourny allows weaker players to get in the state A-AA tourny while better players get eliminated in the AAA regions. I asked the TSSAA to explain this two years ago and of course they have not responded.