Living my Life Through You Kid by JV Dad Out of Control

ksgovols

I bumped the JV Dad out of control thread from a baseball post in 2010.  You can't move the thread and the rant applies regardless of sport.

Dads that show up kids on athletic fields and gyms need to grow their own pair of gonads and quit living their lives vicariously through their kids.  I always include the name of the school of the offending adult because...........they should know how their school is represented, most of the time without the schools knowledge.  Video would be better, but that's always the case.

Reading the last post of a thread without reading the rest of the thread will mislead you most of the time.  It's what?  2 pages long?

I did read the entire post, but failed to see why the post was on a baseball thread where this dad would probably not see it.  If you wanted to get your point, just figured you would post under the sport where this happen.  Oh well, post on!

Appreciate it!

I always figure that those sort of Dads can't read anyway and they'd certainly not expose themselves on Coacht after acting like an idiot towards teenagers.

The rant is not for them.  It's for me.  Everything else I'd like to do is probably illegal.  There's enough Fairview posters that I'm acquainted with over 10 years and 3 sports.  The idea behind healthy rivalries and competition is to make friends anyway.  Not enemies.

Consider this a PSA from an old Dad who's going through this thing for the 2nd time over a long time.  Parents need perspective.  Don't make what happened in a game last night be remembered for your actions 10 years from now.  Or in my case 41.  Two Moms rolling down the bleachers at a baseball game pulling hair and breaking nails.  I can guarantee you that every kid on the field and in the bleachers in 1973 can tell you the names of the 2 kids whose Moms were involved in that mess.  Don't be that parent.

Edited by ksgovols

Appreciate it!

I always figure that those sort of Dads can't read anyway and they'd certainly not expose themselves on Coacht after acting like an idiot towards teenagers.

The rant is not for them.  It's for me.  Everything else I'd like to do is probably illegal.  There's enough Fairview posters that I'm acquainted with over 10 years and 3 sports.  The idea behind healthy rivalries and competition is to make friends anyway.  Not enemies.

Consider this a PSA from an old Dad who's going through this thing for the 2nd time over a long time.  Parents need perspective.  Don't make what happened in a game last night be remembered for your actions 10 years from now.  Or in my case 41.  Two Moms rolling down the bleachers at a baseball game pulling hair and breaking nails.  I can guarantee you that every kid on the field and in the bleachers in 1973 can tell you the names of the 2 kids whose Moms were involved in that mess.  Don't be that parent.

WELL SAID!

That's awesome. When I was growing up I didn't get to play little league except for one year. I was given a choice later on to play one sport and I chose football. I had to wait until the 7th grade in order to play. I lived on a farm & we had too much work to do. Ball playing had to wait until all of the work was done. Later in life,(when I had my own children) I said that I would let my kids play whatever they wanted to, because I didn't get to play ball as much as I wanted too growing up. We (my family) have traveled to several other states playing ball with our children. My oldest (daughter) is now in college (no longer playing) and my 2 sons (10th & 8th Grade) are down to 2 sports each. I have truly been blessed with games now. My kids have brought me the most joy a person could ever ask for. I have been wondering what I will do once the other two finish playing. I still have the farm I guess I'll have to go back to work.

At least you didn't try and relive your childhood "missed opportunities" through your kids. There are worse things than hard work to teach values to children...and unless I miss my guess you've turned out ok. You said that you'd LET them play whatever they WANTED to play, and obviously supported them a great deal...not the same at all as the song.

EDIT...I almost forgot...grandkids are just as rewarding to support as your kids...enjoy the short intermission with a hobby, and then "here we go again"!!!

Edited by tradertwo