BRIGHTON LOOKING FOR NEW COACH

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Saw tonight  Coach Will Wolfe is leaving to go back home to Hernando High school in Ms. Coach Wolfe did some great things at Brighton , I remember him from Bartlett High school when I was a student there and he was one of the greatest coaches I have ever met. Good luck to you Coach. Who do you think will take his place?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a great hire, he went 0 and 8 again as the head freshman coach.  The guy is already an assistant principal and head softball coach.  According to multiple members of the staff, the first thing he said in their first coaches meeting was, "I don't know much about football, but I really wanted an opportunity to be the head coach here."  Then, he explained that he was going to let the assistants "run everything" because he was busy with softball.  I'd say Brighton has taken a step backwards with their football program.  Did I mention that most of the parents and kids wanted an assistant already on staff?  Plus, the kids were LAUGHING at the head coach during his first team meeting.  They know.

How can a guy that "does know much football" get the head football coach job?  Secondly, if he really said that, why would he believe he actually deserves to be the head coach?  I know for a fact that several parents and kids really wanted an assistant coach named Curtis or Kurtis and he has been an assistant coach at some good programs and paid his dues.  If the players were laughing at the new coach already, it sounds like they could be in trouble.  It has to make those assistant coaches wonder what they have done wrong, if a coach that doesn't know much about football gets hired as the head coach.  I'm not sure I could stick around and work for someone that wants to be the head coach but doesn't have the ability or skills to do the job.  Plus, how can an assistant principal, head softball coach and grounds/field maintenance (grass cutter) have time to do all those things and be the head football coach.  Something will suffer and I'm betting its football.

I find it funny that KnoxReb and ElvisTheKing are posting in the same thread once again. Kinda of like the thread

Rumors of HFC changes at Briarcrest and St. Benedict.

One sign of insanity is talking back and forth to oneself. I have a feeling KnoxReb and ElvisTheKing are one in the same.

Having once worked in the medical field I was required to try and help people that were not sane. So I will play along. Both of you guys (again playing along) say the parents wanted this Curtis or Kurtis guy that is an assistant coach. What experience does he have? What successful programs are you talking about? I mean are you guys (lol) talking about the Atoka Chiefs? I for one would like a little more information. 

Crazy as it sounds, try supporting your team instead of running them down. I hope this helps (someone carrying on a conversation with you). I wish KnoxReb and ElvisTheKing the best in their recovery to sanity. 

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, KnoxReb lives in Knoxville, TN. and his name is Andrew.  Elvis the King lives in Jackson, TN. and and his name is Mark.  They both know a little bit about football, being former D1 players.  

As far as he new coach at Brighton, he did tell his staff that he does not know much about football and that he would be focusing on softball and letting his staff run the football program.  This according to multiple players and parents.  The team was laughing at his being hired, they know he is not a good choice.  In fact, several parents believe that Wolfe handpicked him because he knew it would be a failure and make him look good.

My cousin has coached with both Wolfe and Curtis and he recommended Curtis for the Brighton job.  Elvis has a friend that worked with Curtis and he recommended him too.  The HFC at Arlington High recommended Curtis.  At least has been an OC for a 6A program.  What has Jacobs done?  Cut grass, coach freshman, coach softball a be an assistant principal, how is that qualified?

How can a guy get a head coaching job at a 6A school if he has never even been a coordinator?   I am struggling to believe that he can actually be the assistant principal, head softball coach and have any time to be the head football coach.  Something has to suffer

Edited by AndrewJackson

I thought Jacobs was the booster club president at Covington High.  How did he manage to land a head coaching job when all he has ever done is cut grass, coach freshman football and softball?  Sounds like someone must have owed him something fierce.  I know several people in Tipton County and they were shocked.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would anyone be shocked at Brighton highs new head football coach? He has been with this program since the beginning. He is very involved and always out for what's best for his players. Anyone questioning this hire has not been involved in the Brighton program for any amount of time. Expecting big things from this program and glad to know they will be lead by a coach with a true heart for his players and program. GO CARDINALS!!