District 3AAA Summer Report

CarolinaCrazy

20 minute running clock gave each team a quick look at 4 different teams. Scott and AC both played well. Sweetwater and South Doyle played good at times. William Blount struggled, but like all the teams, were missing football guys. Scott in a regular scrimmage lost to Sweetwater and AC in the summer. Butts was the best player in the gym.

20 minute running clock gave each team a quick look at 4 different teams. Scott and AC both played well. Sweetwater and South Doyle played good at times. William Blount struggled, but like all the teams, were missing football guys. Scott in a regular scrimmage lost to Sweetwater and AC in the summer. Butts was the best player in the gym.

I don't know a lot about the other teams and I'm sure they all have football players missing from their teams. But I do know about AC, and they were the only team their that had their entire team. They have no football players that play basketball. Heard Scott beat AC pretty bad too.

QB Zane Smith started a lot for AC this summer but it remains to be seen if he will recover from his injury in time to be a factor for the Mavs. Scott looked great and beat AC by 5. Butts as usual hit his FT's down the stretch. According to Jared, Scott was missing one starter. South Doyle was missing Joc Bruce and William Blount were missing two returning starters. 

I don't know a lot about the other teams and I'm sure they all have football players missing from their teams. But I do know about AC, and they were the only team their that had their entire team. They have no football players that play basketball. Heard Scott beat AC pretty bad too.

Misinformed. It was a tight game. AC will be a contender in the district this year. If Bruce doesn't play they were at full strength.

Misinformed. It was a tight game. AC will be a contender in the district this year. If Bruce doesn't play they were at full strength.

contender for what???? Fourth place? Contenders challenge the top team, and nobody will contend with Oak Ridge.

I'll predict right now they go undefeated in district play, with an average margin of victory of 25 points.

contender for what???? Fourth place? Contenders challenge the top team, and nobody will contend with Oak Ridge.

I'll predict right now they go undefeated in district play, with an average margin of victory of 25 points.

Nobody is going to pick against Oak Ridge. They are the clear favorite. They will challenge Oak Ridge and their margin will be less than 25. I just don't think any other team has improved and moves up. AC finished fourth (tied) last year. Or should i say co-fourth place lol. They were young. They have good senior leadership. I feel like they have improved, and are playing good team ball. They will finish better than 4. I will predict 2nd.

Carolina, you seem to know what you're talking about, which teams make the region from both districts?[/quote)

Well I don't know if I know what I'm talking about but for Titan to say AC finishes second in our district is absurd! They've won a grand total of 6 district games the last three seasons and they had a lot more talent on two of those teams for sure. If their so confident in their team why wouldn't they reschedule the first CC game? U know why? Because CC will be missing 4 players and two starters to fball playoffs. AC doesn't have any fballers and see a chance to steal a district win. But that's the way it goes.

As for my thoughts on districts?

3AAA. 1-OR. 4AAA 1- maryville

2- Powell. 2- Farragut

3- karns. 3- heritage

4- CC. 4- HVA

Now, AC, Gibbs, central, could grab fourth. There's not that much difference in 3-9.

Same with bearden. They could get fourth. I see the rest of this district down for sure, with LCity the worst.

I heard LCity cancelled there HOF game with CC? Really? You play in that district and you won't go play lil ole CC?? They must be bad. CC had to scramble to get Sevier county for HOF.

Honestly oak could win our district without any and all of their fballers. Maryville will be solid. I see these two as our sub state teams. If Higgins plays and Middleton keeps doing the right things, this team will play for another state championship. They are as good as any private school out there. Heck, they were better than the team they lost to last year, but that's the way it goes.