District 3AAA Summer Report

CarolinaCrazy

Maryville lost by 20 to Fulton this summer at Grace, but I do think they are the cream of 3AAA. Both teams are always missing guys. Heritage looks to be good too. AC beat Farragut and West by 20 this summer so those teams must be really down. AC only loss in the area this summer was at Fulton by 3, but I'm sure it was a fluke based on the predictions. They should be better since they had no seniors last year but they have proven nothing yet. Carolina, AC tied with CC and Central with 4 district wins last season, but I think you already knew that. Do you see Stretch starting as a freshman for the Cougars? Oak Ridge is the class of the region. David Crockett, with Science Hill transfers, looked very good this summer if we're jumping ahead to sub state teams. Jeff County returned a lot, and South Doyle beat siegel so they should be in the mix too.    

Maryville lost by 20 to Fulton this summer at Grace, but I do think they are the cream of 3AAA. Both teams are always missing guys. Heritage looks to be good too. AC beat Farragut and West by 20 this summer so those teams must be really down. AC only loss in the area this summer was at Fulton by 3, but I'm sure it was a fluke based on the predictions. They should be better since they had no seniors last year but they have proven nothing yet. Carolina, AC tied with CC and Central with 4 district wins last season, but I think you already knew that. Do you see Stretch starting as a freshman for the Cougars? Oak Ridge is the class of the region. David Crockett, with Science Hill transfers, looked very good this summer if we're jumping ahead to sub state teams. Jeff County returned a lot, and South Doyle beat siegel so they should be in the mix too.

Yes, u never know what maryville has because of football. Also, I don't hang my hat on summer camps, as coaches are searching for combinations and looking at new players. I heard AC played every game to win, and that's fine if that's what your team needs. I actually forgot about AC winning four games. They actually beat CC one game while Toress and a couple footballers were in playoffs.

I've talked to a few people that have said Stretch will be a starter. Said he's added 15 lbs of muscle and is working hard everyday. They said he's almost 6-5. Housley loves using the big guys in his set offense. CC beat picket co. , Knox co ky, lost to Blackman by 20 without Gillenwater, lost to davey Crockett by 6. Heard he played a lot of freshman and sophomores at varsity camp. He has a lot of good looking 9-10th graders. But he's senior heavy at the guard position so a couple will have to wait their turn.

As of today I'd say CC starters are Toress, Gillenwater, (sr's), Griffith (so.), Webb(so.), Stretch(fr.)

With pebley(sr), Reese (so), Marlow ( sr. Post), Roberts(so), jackson(fr), Phillips ( fr) all pushing for playing time. Wouldn't be surprised if Elijah Phillips wasn't starting around Xmas. They also have a transfer from Indiana that's 6-4 jr. Needs some reps but could help them next year.

• 2 weeks later...
So, who will the top players be in 3AAA this year? Name your all district team. Ready for some roundball, but not until Wildcat football is over with![/quote)

Gillenwater- CC

Torres - CC

Higgins - OR

Gee- OR

Middleton- OR

Bingham AC.

Hamilton- Powell

Holt- AC.

Moore- halls

Hmm I'm having a brain cramp. Gibbs has a couple nice players.

Central has two good ones. There RB for sure.

Karns has one really good player

POY- Middleton , Gee, or Gillenwater.

COY- Green.

Surprise team of year- Gibbs.

Help me out here. Can't think straight.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

Hey guys just thought I'd pass this info on to everyone.

Everyone remember Devon Sibley? Well he's going to be the starting point guard for Furman this year it looks like. Guess who the play their first game??? That's right, at DUKE!!! How cool is that? Something he will remember for the rest of his life. Congrats to the whole family.