6A Playoff bracket question

rchman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to the semi's for the previous 4 to 5 years before last year is fairly good. Better than dropping off for 4 or 5 years like you say. There arent too many teams in the state that have as good of a defense as Oakland. They are LOADED with kids that will play on ESPN in the next few years. So, I would say, no, Ravenwood does not want to be quad two.

My question is WHY is Ravenwood a "lock" to be Quad 2, is it because they are the furthest east geographically of any of the qualifying teams in Quad 3?  I would think that if you were the top ranked team in your quad you would get to stay in that quad, but logic and TSSAA usually don't go together.  The geographic location is the only thing I can see that would make sense, we'll as much sense as it can make :mrgreen:

Ravenwood has just as many gold balls as Whitehaven. Whitehaven is actually very similar to Ravenwood in that both have had a few good years and four to five not so good years. Funny to me that Whitehaven has one gold ball with an asterisk beside it and y'all think you are world beaters now.

Work:

I read the comment that 'LoveForTheGame' made and I took exception to it as well. Yet, I read your snarky little comments and I think ... "Please, oh please .. let Whitehaven and Ravenwood meet in the Semi-finals!"

Trust me when I say this ... If Ravenwood and Whitehaven were to meet in the semi-finals ... the game would be in the cozy confines of Whitehaven stadium ... WE ... would LOVE it .... YOU would HATE it! The thoughts that would be running through your head will make your head swim!

Edited by kwc

Work:

I read the comment that 'LoveForTheGame' made and I took exception to it as well. Yet, I read your snarky little comments and I think ... "Please, oh please .. let Whitehaven and Ravenwood meet in the Semi-finals!"

Trust me when I say this ... If Ravenwood and Whitehaven were to meet in the semi-finals ... the game would be in the cozy confines of Whitehaven stadium ... WE ... would LOVE it .... YOU would HATE it! The thoughts that would be running through your head will make your head swim!

I take it like this kwc. He said, he would rather ravenwood stay home and take a beat down from Maryville than travel all the way to Memphis and take one from Whitehaven!!! That's the way I took it... I'm flattered but by all means please come to da Haven so y'all can see first hand, it's not easy as some may think!!! The bottom line is, somebody gots to come!!! Who, it's the question

I take it like this kwc. He said, he would rather ravenwood stay home and take a beat down from Maryville than travel all the way to Memphis and take one from Whitehaven!!! That's the way I took it... I'm flattered but by all means please come to da Haven so y'all can see first hand, it's not easy as some may think!!! The bottom line is, somebody gots to come!!! Who, it's the question

coach10ac:

I don't really care who it is. Ravenwood, Hendersonville, Centennial, Independence, or whomever. First, we have to make it to the semi-finals ourselves because it's no cake walk coming out of Quad 4. Regardless of what others across the state may think. So, I don't want jump ahead of the process ... but, I have to be honest,  I really like our chances.

It's all good now. It's only Week 9 coming up. Folks just talk, talk, talk.  Yet we are supposedly thinking more of ourselves appearently then what we are. Humph! ... We'll see. <_<

Edited by kwc

Ravenwood has just as many gold balls as Whitehaven. Whitehaven is actually very similar to Ravenwood in that both have had a few good years and four to five not so good years. Funny to me that Whitehaven has one gold ball with an asterisk beside it and y'all think you are world beaters now.

I don't recall an asterisk beside it in the record books. Idk who said we are world beaters, but I'll take it as a compliment. He talking smack like we're not even a good warm up game is ridiculous. I just hope we can meet in the playoffs and find out. Sounds like he's already making an excuse since the game is projected to b at our home if we were to hypothetically meet and he obviously doesn't want any parts of that. We're just confident against anyone we play and won't make excuses like a lot of people on here do!

They're in Brentwood. Won a gold ball in 5a in 2005. They're having a good year this year and have a chance to go deep. But I wouldn't chalk up wins against whitehaven or oakland if I was them

It seems they do have a good team this year but a gold 5a ball almost ten years ago doesn't hold much weight in 6a today, not around these parts anyway.

If I'm not mistaken 5a was the highest class at that time so it would be like a 6a ball now. I might be wrong on that. My comment was because Whitehaven has the same amount of gold balls as Ravenwood. Who would win between the two....don't know and don't care. No dog in this hunt. Someone even said they didn't know who Ravenwood was. Up until a few years ago I had never heard of Whitehaven. Same thing. I just can't get over how some fans of different teams have one or two really good years and they think they can beat anyone. Top to bottom memhis football is at the bottom when it comes to east, middle, and west tn football in my opinion. Making it out of quad four don't mean much to me. Now make it out of quad two or three and you have done something.

If I'm not mistaken 5a was the highest class at that time so it would be like a 6a ball now. I might be wrong on that. My comment was because Whitehaven has the same amount of gold balls as Ravenwood. Who would win between the two....don't know and don't care. No dog in this hunt. Someone even said they didn't know who Ravenwood was. Up until a few years ago I had never heard of Whitehaven. Same thing. I just can't get over how some fans of different teams have one or two really good years and they think they can beat anyone. Top to bottom memhis football is at the bottom when it comes to east, middle, and west tn football in my opinion. Making it out of quad four don't mean much to me. Now make it out of quad two or three and you have done something.

That's your opinion as wrong as it may be. In my opinion I'd say top to bottom the middle might b the best then the west. Maryville is the East in 6a but if you wanna give the whole East credit for their success then so be it. And yes we do believe we can beat anybody we play and won't just bow down and accept defeat before even touching the field like some of yall. Im just glad these opinions don't mean much and the games actually have to be played on the field, which is all we want unlike some people on here.

coach10ac:

I don't really care who it is. Ravenwood, Hendersonville, Centennial, Independence, or whomever. First, we have to make it to the semi-finals ourselves because it's no cake walk coming out of Quad 4. Regardless of what others across the state may think. So, I don't want jump ahead of the process ... but, I have to be honest, I really like our chances.

It's all good now. It's only Week 9 coming up. Folks just talk, talk, talk. Yet we are supposedly thinking more of ourselves appearently then what we are. Humph! ... We'll see. <_<