Gerry Bertier's Unofficial Crystal Ball 3A Playoffs

Gerry Bertier

Every year at the end of week 9 instead of projecting this week's playoff standings. I go ahead and pull out my Ouiji board, magic 8 ball, and my lucky 1925 Half Dollar to determine what the standings will look like at the end of the season. So this is based on who I think will win week 10 matchups. Some of you will disagree, some will love it, but it will get us a chance to get a glimpse of what match ups will look like this time next week. Once again if you have questions please feel free to ask.

The last team out was Cascade at 4-6 losing the tiebreak to the other 4-6 teams.

Quad 1

1 Alcoa 9-1 1st

8 Johnson Co. 4-6 WC

4 Sweetwater 6-4 WC

5 West Greene 6-4 WC

3 Pigeon Forge 8-2 WC

6 Gatlinburg-Pittman 6-4 WC

2 Chuckey-Doak 7-3 2nd

7 CAK 5-5 WC

Quad 2

1 Notre Dame 9-1 1st

8 Bledsoe County 4-6 WC

4 Upperman 6-4 WC

5 Grundy Co. 5-5 WC

3 Red Bank 6-4 2nd

6 York 5-5 WC

2 McMinn Central 8-2 2nd

7 Chattanooga Christian 5-5 WC

Quad 3

1 CPA 10-0 1st

8 Harpeth 4-6 WC

4 Westmoreland 8-2 2nd

5 Hickman Co. 7-3 WC

3 East Nashville 9-1 1st

6 Fairview 6-4 WC

2 WH-Heritage 9-1 1st

7 Lipscomb Academy 6-4 WC

Hickman Co. shifts from Quad 4 to Quad 3 due to JCM joining the party. If JCM loses next week they may bump back out west.

Quad 4

1 Waverly 9-1 1st

8 JCM 4-6 WC

4 Milan 7-3 WC

5 Manassas 6-4 WC

3 Westview 8-2 WC

6 Fairley 5-5 WC

2 Camden 8-2 2nd Place

7 Lewis Co. 5-5 WC

JCM is new this week. I project them winning their last game against Covington to get in the playoffs at 4-6. If they lose then we potentially could have a 3-7 team make the playoffs which could shift one or two teams in the quad.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry is there any chance this year that Westmoreland gets bumped to quad 2 or are we stuck with the bought team (CPA)

I don't foresee another team out west being in besides JCM which bumped Grundy County to Quad 2.

What if West Greene beats Chuckey Doak? Does it flip and West Greene gets the 2nd seed

Yes that would be the case.

What would Quad 3 look like if Lipscomb were to upset East Nashville?  Not sure if Upton will be ready to play next Friday.

It would not change anything as there would be a three-way tie for the district championship. But Lipscomb would only have 7 wins which would eliminate them, then East Nashville has the tiebreaker over Pearl Cohn.

Every year at the end of week 9 instead of projecting this week's playoff standings. I go ahead and pull out my Ouiji board, magic 8 ball, and my lucky 1925 Half Dollar to determine what the standings will look like at the end of the season. So this is based on who I think will win week 10 matchups. Some of you will disagree, some will love it, but it will get us a chance to get a glimpse of what match ups will look like this time next week. Once again if you have questions please feel free to ask.

The last team out was Cascade at 4-6 losing the tiebreak to the other 4-6 teams.

Quad 1

1 Alcoa 9-1 1st

8 Johnson Co. 4-6 WC

4 Sweetwater 6-4 WC

5 West Greene 6-4 WC

3 Pigeon Forge 8-2 WC

6 Gatlinburg-Pittman 6-4 WC

2 Chuckey-Doak 7-3 2nd

7 CAK 5-5 WC

Quad 2

1 Notre Dame 9-1 1st

8 Bledsoe County 4-6 WC

4 Upperman 6-4 WC

5 Grundy Co. 5-5 WC

3 Red Bank 6-4 2nd

6 York 5-5 WC

2 McMinn Central 8-2 2nd

7 Chattanooga Christian 5-5 WC

Quad 3

1 CPA 10-0 1st

8 Harpeth 4-6 WC

4 Westmoreland 8-2 2nd

5 Hickman Co. 7-3 WC

3 East Nashville 9-1 1st

6 Fairview 6-4 WC

2 WH-Heritage 9-1 1st

7 Lipscomb Academy 6-4 WC

Hickman Co. shifts from Quad 4 to Quad 3 due to JCM joining the party. If JCM loses next week they may bump back out west.

Quad 4

1 Waverly 9-1 1st

8 JCM 4-6 WC

4 Milan 7-3 WC

5 Manassas 6-4 WC

3 Westview 8-2 WC

6 Fairley 5-5 WC

2 Camden 8-2 2nd Place

7 Lewis Co. 5-5 WC

JCM is new this week. I project them winning their last game against Covington to get in the playoffs at 4-6. If they lose then we potentially could have a 3-7 team make the playoffs which could shift one or two teams in the quad.

My final 4 picks are

Alcoa

Notre Dame

CPA

Waverly