Richland Program Rebirth

MidstateFB

I can understand why the kids have gone to GCHS. Honestly it has been a better place to play ball, until now. I don't think many would argue that. But I wish all the young men that play for GCHS the best this season.

You're right, no argument outta me for anyone deciding to take the best route to better themselves... I meant it as just more of a poking finger in the ribs and a jest at the situation at hand... But those boys should be wise to know only the 11 best stay on the field most of the time, anywhere... If they are not one of the 11 best at GCHS they just may be one of the 11 best at RHS and not riding the sidelines... In other words, be very thoughtful in a transfer young men.

Edited by Big Bigby

Beats 0-10 and 1-9!

I know right, Ricland wins a couple of games and the fans start to get excited about it and for good reason. I could honestly see Richland going 4-6 or 5-5 this year. Which is way better than what's it been for the last 6 years. Heck in the last 14 years Richland has only had two winning seasons 2005(7-5) 2007(6-5). So why not be excited about starting 2-0

Summertown (first varsity season) and Cornersville (starting a gazillion freshmen and soph.) are the only other teams Richland has any shot of beating (maybe Grace Christian, but I doubt it), so if 4 to 5 wins is a rebirth in your mind Midstate, then more power to ya!!!!! Will I be invited to the .500, post season celebration party?

Maybe the folks from Lynnville will shoot you an invite Only if you aren't busy preparing for the offseason in the weightroom because we all know Forrest ain't getting past the second round, and Walts departure party from GC could be on the same date so I'm sure you will be torn on which to attend.

I agree that it's probably not a rebirth but I like the support their fans are giving them and a 2-0 start would have me excited as well, they already won more games this year then the last two combined. Good luck the rest of the way! Oh, about Stown, this may be their first varsity year but they got a good coach and their boys been putting pads on for several years now so don't overlook them.

Maybe the folks from Lynnville will shoot you an invite Only if you aren't busy preparing for the offseason in the weightroom because we all know Forrest ain't getting past the second round, and Walts departure party from GC could be on the same date so I'm sure you will be torn on which to attend.

Ok? (I'm not sure what the Walt Smith rambling is about, or has to do with this thread, but whatever) Regardless, I'm pretty sure Giles won't be making the playoffs, and definitely not getting past the first round, unless of course they sneak in and have to play Marshall Co.

As always Truth, you do make a valid point....however the last time I checked Marshall County didn't make it past the first round of the playoffs. Then there were all the what ifs, and what happened? I'll tell you what happened, you were over confident and you got beat. Your QB ( great kid BTW) got knocked out and Walker couldn't do it by himself. That week you all were so confident of victory. Next to the state championship in 09 that was the second best victory ever to me. Spoiling the Tigers! Ok that was last year, but my point is you can talk all the trash you want but be aware the fat lady could come up behind ya and give you another loss and we GC fans will be oh so happy! Best of luck to you. The 18th will be hear soon. Just maybe the fat lady will be tuning up!

Keep up the good work, Raiders! Go Bobcats!

Ok? (I'm not sure what the Walt Smith rambling is about, or has to do with this thread, but whatever) Regardless, I'm pretty sure Giles won't be making the playoffs, and definitely not getting past the first round, unless of course they sneak in and have to play Marshall Co.

JAFO, You obviously misread my post. I was stating that the only way Giles gets past the first round is if they play Marshall Co. (it was a shot at them). I'm not a Marshall fan, and the only reason I made the statement is because "justagoodolboy" said that Forrest (who I'm a fan of) wouldn't get past the first round. I'm assuming (and maybe wrongfully) that he is a Giles fan. Sorry for the confusion. 

Edited by thetruth2008