BigSwo and BigDan Teague. Let's talk about it here

BigSwo

I am from Dresden lived there my whole life. I have no problem playing uc. Dresden has 0 industry no hospital no Wal-Mart no a lot of things uc has that is where your money comes from for having great facilities like uc has. Dresden actually beat uc 2 years in a row when these seniors were freshman and sophomores. So play on Dresden and Union City look forward to this new rivalry every year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you call Big Dan out at 1 am and wonder why he hasnt replied.  Well thats because Big Dan has to sleep and work.  This is simple.  Just tell me that The kids that live in Union City attend elem, mid school, then high school in union city, all of them.  How many kids in union city attend Obion Central?  Tell me what the enrollment would be if all the kids in union city actually went to union city.  I will explain the "advantage" one more time,  Union City has a population that should support a 3 or 4a enrollment.  The county has a 4a school 8 miles down the road.  So they have a much larger population feeding their football program that is not reflected in their total enrollment.  This is what allows Swo to say " well they been here since kindergarten" and he is correct. but the part left out is that the two kids that dont play football on each side of that kindergartner  went to Obion .  to put it in perspective Martin;s population is about the same as union city.  Weakley Co has has 3 singleA schools that service the rest of co (Dresden,Gleason,Greenfield),  So Martin's enrollment comes primarily from the population of the city of Martin. So two cities almost the same size but one is 1a and the other is 3a.   It is a great system to stack a 1a team. Even better than Kennymynats system of work study for the slightly undersized BA/Ensworth free agents.  

Okay BigDan I will answer you again. No one absolutely no one except the parents of the kids chooses where the kids go to school. It's that simple. I don't know what else to tell you. There are as many reasons for this as there are people involved. I want to point out also that UC hasn't always been on top. There was a year I believe it was 07 when we got beat by Gleason. The smallest football playing school in the state at that time. The next season Coach Bowling came to UC. His program and belief system turned this program around. I am not looking forward to the day that he gets a better offer and moves on. His first year here our football team saw a huge drop in the amount of players on the team. Why? Because he doesn't play the Who's Who game. He will tell you the same. The best players get to play and it doesn't matter who or what their background is. Also there mandatory workouts all summer except for the down period. This led to a mass exodus from those who were not willing to make the sacrifice. I don't know what answer you are looking for or if there will ever be one good enough. If you want to dig in and find some dirt, try your best. I don't know what else to say.

Bet if you haven't won 23 straight games this would be a non issue. It's amazing to me that the two local schools close to where I'm at in Florida are 8A schools. Both have over 2200 students and between the both of them they have 6 D1 offers to their kids. Not making any accusations at all but, TN has a 1A school with 6 D1 athletes. Hummmmmmm

Get the gold this year UC and come back to earth next year with another good year but my guess is you wont be quite as dominate. Ride the wave of 1A football.

Are you saying UC has 6 D1 prospects? Who is recruiting them

Are you saying UC has 6 D1 prospects? Who is recruiting them

No I was referring to NCS who has 6 kids with D1 offers which is very impressive for a 1A private school. Swo or somebody can answer for the UC recruits. Personally, I would think Henry and Moffit are D1 players but not sure who else is being recurited.

let it go bigsmo, be the biggersmo.

Thanks snoball.I have tried. I once swore to never acknowledge BigDan again. This guy follows me around the T and continues to take shots at our program. So I created a thread to discuss it. I'm giving him an outlet to produce any evidence he can to prove UC is doing something under handed. He can't and he won't.

Doubt it will get locked there is a obvious by title TCA trolling on here and it is still open so mods are done I reckon.

EDIT: Never mind it is finally locked. Just ignore him BigSwo if he acts too moronic without facts he might get modded anyway.

Kermit, do you mind clarifying your comment regarding TCA troll? All the TCA fans I have ever spoken to have highest respect for UC's program. We've played a couple of times over the last 7 years and it has always been respectful. Can't imagine a TCA fan trolling their thread.

Thanks snoball.I have tried. I once swore to never acknowledge BigDan again. This guy follows me around the T and continues to take shots at our program. So I created a thread to discuss it. I'm giving him an outlet to produce any evidence he can to prove UC is doing something under handed. He can't and he won't.

don't reduce yourself to arguing with an idiot. he's sitting back laughing. just ignore him, its the only solution.

I have no dirt and do not think there is any dirt nor any sort of a violation and have never claimed such.  All i have said is the way the city and county school are set up provides an advantage for Union City.  Its a unique advantage that works opposite of the normal open zone advantage. Instead of Players coming in to a school, nonplayers leave the school.  Once you have a good coach and a good season, players want to go to that school and are allowed to.  but the enrollment numbers have to be controlled. While i have nothing to hang my hat on but simple math. i have to wonder  What if all kids in Union City decided to go to UC, now add some on the outskirts of town , would the bldg be large enough to accommodate this situation. I think not. so there has to be some criteria other than parental choice, for regulating who goes where.  like all open zones there has to be a process so the schools can predict the number of students and provide the appropriate number of teachers..  would you say the good football players in union city  city limits attend Obion and Union city in the same proportion as the other students.   You have an advantage that other 1a schools dont have, This advantage does not mean there isnt hard work involved in UC success.  But it also doesnt mean others arent working equally as hard but just dont have the population advantage that you have. It just doesnt sit well when you get on here and act like UC success  is simply the  result of hard work, and if the rest of us would do it the way UC does it we would be successful too.  Well give the rest of us 11000 folks to pull our football players from