Westmoreland moves to the 1A 2A boards

Mr. Postman1

Westmoreland from 3a to 2a out west Gatlinburg Pittman doing same in east. 12 yrs of Alcoa or CAK 1st or 2nd round is finally over. Very glad to be on 1 and 2a boards.

I was in Gatlinburg the week Tn played Florida and stopped by to see if Gatlinburg Pittman had a game at home that friday. They didn't but I was amazed by y'alls field. It was so awesome I took several pictures and showed the folks back home. I love to see Westmoreland play y'all maybe in the playoffs on that field.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Gatlinburg the week Tn played Florida and stopped by to see if Gatlinburg Pittman had a game at home that friday. They didn't but I was amazed by y'alls field. It was so awesome I took several pictures and showed the folks back home. I love to see Westmoreland play y'all maybe in the playoffs on that field.

We would love to have you, great cabins with mnt views, 100+ restaurants everyone is nice but our football team. :mrgreen:  but don't think that could happen. We are very thankful for our field we were known for the muddies fleld in the playoffs.

I didn't crown them anything. I simply said they "should" dominate the region.

That's not crowning them. As soon as someone put out an opinion that went against your beloved Rockets, you had a fit.

I based my opinion on past history. Well, let's look at history.

Since 1993, when the TSSAA went to five classes, Westmoreland has more playoff wins than the other teams, and they have been in higher classes.

Westmoreland - 11 playoff wins in 2A and 3A

Cascade - 9 in 1A, 2A, and 3A

Eagleville - 5 since 2003 in 1A and 2A

Forrest - 2 in 1A and 2A

Watertown - 1 in 1A and 2A

Westmoreland has more playoff wins against tougher competition.

History says Westmoreland should be the favorite in this region every year.

It's like that in many other regions as well. Get used to it.

BTW, It looks to me that historically, Forrest isn't on Cascade or Eagleville's level, much less Westmoreland.

See, there you go again. Tougher competition? According to who? SMH......outside of Trousdale, I see very few scary teams on Westmoreland's schedule the past several years. But I do see several 2-4 win seasons. 😠I laugh when people start using broad classification comparisons. There are always (including this year) a handful of 1 and 2A teams that can spank 3, 4 & even 5A teams year after year. You can't argue that.

See, there you go again. Tougher competition? According to who? SMH......outside of Trousdale, I see very few scary teams on Westmoreland's schedule the past several years. But I do see several 2-4 win seasons. I laugh when people start using broad classification comparisons. There are always (including this year) a handful of 1 and 2A teams that can spank 3, 4 & even 5A teams year after year. You can't argue that.

The problem with your argument is that Forrest, Eagleville, and Cascade are not teams that regularly beat good upper class teams.

Talking to you is like talking to a fence post, but the fence post has better arguments.

You wouldn't know logic if it kicked you in the groin.

I'm done until you have something intelligent to say.

The problem with your argument is that Forrest, Eagleville, and Cascade are not teams that regularly beat good upper class teams.

Talking to you is like talking to a fence post, but the fence post has better arguments.

You wouldn't know logic if it kicked you in the groin.

I'm done until you have something intelligent to say.

Lol, Cascade was in the same region as Marshall Co., Giles Co., Spring Hill, CPA, & Page the last two years!!!! Forrest has also played Page (a 4A playoff team) and Lauderdale Co. AL (who is better than anybody on Westy's schedule other than CPA). So give me a break with that BS. Who's the unintelligent one?

Lol, Cascade was in the same region as Marshall Co., Giles Co., Spring Hill, CPA, & Page the last two years!!!! Forrest has also played Page (a 4A playoff team) and Lauderdale Co. AL (who is better than anybody on Westy's schedule other than CPA). So give me a break with that BS. Who's the unintelligent one?

Westy beat White House a 4A quarterfinal team this year. Believe us all when we say westy's strength of schedule is nowhere close to what you are use too.

Seriously?

This is what you consider intelligent?

I wasn't talking about simply playing upper class teams, I was talking about beating them.

Cascade is 2-8 in their district the last two years.

Did Forrest beat Page? hmmm. How about Lauderdale County? hmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PXlUjWz5M

Edited by croz6110