Westmoreland moves to the 1A 2A boards

Mr. Postman1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really.....you never presented much of a challenge any more,......but that happens when you constantly get beat at your own game, 

Rockets?  Well I might get that more than I get Forrest. Not Chapel Hill Rockets, Forrest Rockets in Chapel Hill.

As in Nathan Bedford Forrest. They have some good fans too, just thetruthhurts2008 flappin' his soup coolers,

I didn't crown them anything. I simply said they "should" dominate the region.

That's not crowning them. As soon as someone put out an opinion that went against your beloved Rockets, you had a fit.

I based my opinion on past history. Well, let's look at history.

Since 1993, when the TSSAA went to five classes, Westmoreland has more playoff wins than the other teams, and they have been in higher classes.

Westmoreland - 11 playoff wins in 2A and 3A

Cascade - 9 in 1A, 2A, and 3A

Eagleville - 5 since 2003 in 1A and 2A

Forrest - 2 in 1A and 2A

Watertown - 1 in 1A and 2A

Westmoreland has more playoff wins against tougher competition.

History says Westmoreland should be the favorite in this region every year.

It's like that in many other regions as well. Get used to it.

BTW, It looks to me that historically, Forrest isn't on Cascade or Eagleville's level, much less Westmoreland.

I agree Croz, Westmoreland will win "dominate" this region most years. Cascade and Eagleville will fight it out for second with Forrest having a now and then year they might compete for 2nd. Westy use to playing CPA,East Nashville,Station Camp, Greenbrier,White House, Gordonsville, Smith and Trousdale(years past)....this region doesn't have any of those type programs.

You're right, Forrest has never had to play teams like that. Former region opponents: Moore Co. (Multi State finalist) Wayne co. (State champion) Collinwood (down now, but probable multi-state champion in current system) Spring Hill (state champion) BGA......just to name a few

Yep that's a pretty good group of teams from history.  Forrest's record probably was on the lower end with these teams also?  History says the Westy program is more solid and you will probably struggle more years than not with them as well.  We'll see though maybe Forrest will shock the world!

We were a playoff regular (as we are now) playing those teams. Not that it matters now with us playing the first and second round juggernaut Westmoreland. Maybe we (Forrest, eagleville, community, cascade) will just forfeit our games with West and just play for second.

It would make it easier on us and y'all to if you'd just forfeit. That way we could avoid injuries so we will have a healthy team going into the playoffs. By the way, speaking of next seasons playoffs I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Westmoreland a top 4 and potential state champion next year. How's that for fireworks in a dry Forrest forum. Edited by Mr. Postman1