Looking at your favorite teams schedule,what team stands out the most

BatmanDB

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just checking. ðŸ‘

I mentioned those 3 because those are the 3 that stick out to me. Alcoa and Science Hill are on the list because those are teams we haven't played in years. And Bradley Central is on there because its been awhile since we played them too and its a road game at the end of the year. Out of those 3 I think Bradley Central is the only one we could reasonably expect to beat and even that one is a toss-up.

This might be kind of off-topic but I think it will be interesting to see how Heritage does in their new district. They have been bad for years but their new district is a cakewalk compared to the ones they have been in. Maybe a winning record and a trip to the playoffs is in the cards for them in 2015.

I mentioned those 3 because those are the 3 that stick out to me. Alcoa and Science Hill are on the list because those are teams we haven't played in years. And Bradley Central is on there because its been awhile since we played them too and its a road game at the end of the year. Out of those 3 I think Bradley Central is the only one we could reasonably expect to beat and even that one is a toss-up.

That sounds about right. Not sure what Bradley Central will bring to the table really.

Edited by AlcoaBasketball

This might be kind of off-topic but I think it will be interesting to see how Heritage does in their new district. They have been bad for years but their new district is a cakewalk compared to the ones they have been in. Maybe a winning record and a trip to the playoffs is in the cards for them in 2015.

It's possible. I think Alcoa will beat them again though, although it wasn't easy last year.

That sounds about right. Not sure what Bradley Central will bring to the table really.

As far as I can tell they are very similar to WB. They have been mediocre record wise lately but have managed to squeak into the playoffs because their competition hasn't been that good, despite what Passive would have you believe. However, they do appear to have good athletes. They gave Maryville a scare in the 1st half in 2013 and gave Science Hill a scare in 2014. I guess it all depends on which Bradley Team shows up on any given Friday night. To that end I think they are very similar to WB. That is why I think that matchup between the 2 in week 10 will be very interesting. Edited by Governors91

It's possible. I think Alcoa will beat them again though, although it wasn't easy last year.

Of course.I don't think they'll beat WB either. I won't believe that till I see it. But you have to remember that they will be playing teams like Halls,Powell,and Gibbs in their new district. All of those could be wins for Heritage. And wins over Knoxville West and South Doyle arent outside the realm of possibility. They lost their coach to Cleveland and all of their best athletes to graduation. And as far as I know South Doyle will be very young and inexperienced this year.

Of course.I don't think they'll beat WB either. I won't believe that till I see it. But you have to remember that they will be playing teams like Halls,Powell,and Gibbs in their new district. All of those could be wins for Heritage. And wins over Knoxville West and South Doyle arent outside the realm of possibility. They lost their coach to Cleveland and all of their best athletes to graduation. And as far as I know South Doyle will be very young and inexperienced this year.

Death, taxes, and William Blount beating Heritage. LOL!

I was just reading up on Cathedral hs.....good lord,they are the real deal.I really hope rhea co.gives a good showing and hopefully wins.(probably not going to happen).but,if they did win that would be awesome.

Yes Cathedral is the real deal. Multiple current and former NFL players including former TN Titan Blaine Bishop. They have won 5 straight titles, but they are being moved up to 6A. I hope Rhea wins too because that would not only be a statement win for Rhea but for the State of Tennessee as well.

There is no doubt this is going to be the toughest team we play all year. I know a lot of folks from Rhea have already made plans to make the trip up there. Also Cathedral will be coming to Evensville in 2016.

For the Smoky Bears I think Oak Ridge is the 1 that stands out most. It sounds like they are loaded and the Bears could see them twice.

GoBears!!

I think that will be a great game.Sevier county is another game I look forward to on our schedule.My step brother was a stud player for the bears years ago.Just a few years after the " Bad news Bears" as the knoxville paper called them,broke their losing streak against us when my Devil team got beat something like 18-0 on the old field at Sevier county.Sevier county still stands as the last 'Bigger school" this side of Maryville to win it all..In case any coacht members think I've forgot a certain team on our schedule.Everyone who has MARYVILLE on their schedule is well aware of that game.

Edited by BatmanDB