Who hates having the Super 32?

riverrat

I have never understood not having an equal number of teams in each class. I had rather see five classes at the most as i think it is way to watered down.

That would be good too. Has anyone heard if WEB Dubois is going to actually field a team next year? I know the plan was for this current season but I don't think they had enough for a team. 5 classifications would put it at about 62 or 63 per class. That would be at 7 or 8 teams per region, so 3 or 4 non-regional games per year. They have to get rid of these 9 team regions though, don't like it one bit.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing is that we are currently way to restricted by enrollment numbers. If a reclassification like the ones above are taken into effect and travel is really that big of deal then you could have an overlapping enrollment range when setting the classifications and look at distance between schools to figure that into classification as well. For instance, instead of cutting it off right at 399 students for 1A, incorporate schools with up to 450 students and those tweeter schools could play up or down based on distance of travel so to make each region logistically sensible for travel as well and even out the number of teams in each region and class. It's not like we have schools with 4,000 students in our state so why be so restricted by enrollment numbers when really the enrollment numbers are very close if travel budgets are such a huge deal?

Edited by LazIndexTN

I have no problem with the BIG 32 but the TSSAA has to do something to help the small 32....... No way schools like Gleason, Greenfield, Richland, Jellico  can play with schools like Wayne County, Nashville Christian, Union City, ect........

Got to look at helping the small schools or the small school will have to look at playing 8 man ball. 

I've been to the inter city schools The BIG 32 and the fan support is so low there were 50 to 60 people  in the stands and          some have the stands full.  Same thing at some small schools but for the most per capital the small towns support better and the money should be there and it  should not  be a problem to  fill a schedule.   Only  travel Issue  will be  in Round 3 or Round 4 of the play-offs.  But in a lot of cases that is a issue for most schools. 

TSSAA needs to looks at the Small 32

I have no problem with the BIG 32 but the TSSAA has to do something to help the small 32....... No way schools like Gleason, Greenfield, Richland, Jellico can play with schools like Wayne County, Nashville Christian, Union City, ect........

Got to look at helping the small schools or the small school will have to look at playing 8 man ball.

Sp would be all for that because they would win the state every single year.

Why not make the Super 32 into a Large 48 and make 1A a Small 48...1A would be losing just 11(large portion are Middle and West schools where the larger regions occur) schools from what it's currently at. Classes 2-5A would almost be evenly divided with three 54 school classes and a single 53 school class...Surely this would do away with the 8 or 9 school regions

I have no problem with the BIG 32 but the TSSAA has to do something to help the small 32....... No way schools like Gleason, Greenfield, Richland, Jellico can play with schools like Wayne County, Nashville Christian, Union City, ect........

Wayne County has just 1 more student than the 32nd smallest school, 319 to 318. We make way to big of a deal about enrollment. It's not as big of a difference maker as one may think. Yes, it's a factor, but look at the teams remaining in the playoffs right now. Some are among the smallest in their classification, some are playing up a classification. Greenback is the 9th smallest school in the state and they're still alive. It needs to be fluid and not a hardline cutoff. Edited by LazIndexTN

Wayne County has just 1 more student than the 32nd smallest school, 319 to 318. We make way to big of a deal about enrollment. It's not as big of a difference maker as one may think. Yes, it's a factor, but look at the teams remaining in the playoffs right now. Some are among the smallest in their classification, some are playing up a classification. Greenback is the 9th smallest school in the state and they're still alive. It needs to be fluid and not a hardline cutoff.

Its got a lot more to do with potential students than actual #s. Small schools located  in a huge drawing base is the deal.