Union City Golden Tornadoes 2016

BigSwo

Got there about 45 min late due to work. What I did is is that we matched up size wise equally considering Munford is 5A, just not the same in depth. We controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. When Munford moved the ball it was to the outside, but we recovered quickly and no runs over 15 yards occurred. We were very aggressive, I heard there we a few scuffles early on. On O we moved the ball like we do. They did had some penetration on the line, but no where near consistently. We made good pitches on the option and our speed really showed. Early on we did have a few misques and fumbles, that seemed to go away as time went on. We actually threw the ball around more than I have seen in the past. To my surprise we even ran a crossing route (shock). Over all I think we looked strong. Finished with score of 10-2, our favor. Their 2 scores came when the JV units were going at it.

Edited by fallguy17

I wasn't expecting a scrimmage at home so I had other plans or I would have been there. Thanks for the specifics. That's music to my ears. I'm glad our boys have enough swagger about them to get into some scuffles with a bigger school like that. We need a bit of a mean edge to us as long as we keep it in check. 10-2 is pretty impressive as well. From all indications it looks like we will be having a strong season. Hopefully we will be back in Cookeville. But that's way to far in the future right now. .